Hey guys,

I've recently started using Reaper to record and have been learning more about guitar/bass plugins. I downloaded the Lepou plugins for guitar "heads", and have an impulse simulator that I really like. Would it be smart to use the same plug ins to record bass as well, or should I look into different sims for recording my bass?

If anyone has any good bass sims to recommend, I'm open to suggestions. Primarily looking for free downloads. I generally play metal/metalcore, just to give an idea of the tone I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance!
There one bass amp sim that I've come across - Ignite Amps SHB-1. That said, I normally wouldn't use an amp sim on bass.

A more standard signal chain would be to have a clean channel run in parallel to a gritty channel with something like a Sansamp (or failing that, the TSE B.O.D. v2 plugin) and blend them together.
Amplitube 3 has a great bass amp plugin for guitar, that makes a standard electric guitar sound like a bass guitar. It's like a synth, but sounds really good - like a real bass guitar.
Quote by chatterbox272
There one bass amp sim that I've come across - Ignite Amps SHB-1. That said, I normally wouldn't use an amp sim on bass.

A more standard signal chain would be to have a clean channel run in parallel to a gritty channel with something like a Sansamp (or failing that, the TSE B.O.D. v2 plugin) and blend them together.

I second BOD 2 and pretty much everything in this post.
Ampeg or Fender Bassman plugins on Amplitube. Most of the time I use a direct track with compression and a paralel track that is uber distorted that comes up just a hair for extra grit and presence. I shave off everything below 200hz on the distorted part.