Hey everybody.
I was just wondering if anybody knows why some pedals can work with others or not. I've been talking a lot about mixing the arpanoid with the rainbow machine, but I think adding a EHX KEY9 would be pretty sick with these two as well. Though I don't know what allows a pedal to work with another and why others cancel each other out sometimes.
Anybody got a idea why?
Well you could run the EHX through the Earthquaker effects, but since the EHX is (as far as I know) a synth that just tracks your signal, the chances are if you ran the Earthquaker ones through that it'd just confuse the tracking and the most interesting thing you might manage is a really confused-sounding electric piano.

If I wanted to get coherent but spacey sounds out of it I'd go Key9-->Arpanoid-->Rainbow Machine, since the Key9 and the Arpanoid both rely on tracking and I suspect the Arpanoid is better equipped to track the Key9 than the Key9 is to track the Arpanoid, which can get pretty all-over-the-place quickly.

Superego into Arpanoid is one to try:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTzOv0WnTcc
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Experimentation is how you find out what works, especially when using oddball pedals like the ones listed.

I have all 3, but while I have planned on combining them, I haven't yet. I'll probably arrange them like K33nbl4d3 suggested, if/when I do.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
@K33nbl4d3
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try that combination if the shop I visit has the rainbow machine and key9 in stock.

@Dannyalcatraz: nice! They're all wicked pedals.
Oh, FWIW, I was wrong- I don't have the Key9.

I have the B9 and C9. Similar, but not the same. (And I'd still use that same basic order.)
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Nov 22, 2015,