I finally found a Les Paul Deluxe from the 70s in good condition and for a reasonable price. It´s not the 1970 or 1971 that I wanted but 1975 is good enough considering there are less and less of these on the market.

Last edited by kentuckyklira at Nov 22, 2015,
Sweet. Looks in amazing condition.

Is it a pancake body?
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Sweet. Looks in amazing condition.

Is it a pancake body?

It is great condition. I was afraid it might be fake but then, who would fake a 75 Deluxe!

And, yes, pancake body.
NUGD! congrats on your find.. it looks like it has mini humbuckers or am i mistaken?
I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.
Quote by psp742
NUGD! congrats on your find.. it looks like it has mini humbuckers or am i mistaken?

That´s why I wanted a 70s deluxe, mini-humbuckers and maple neck.
Quote by kentuckyklira
That´s why I wanted a 70s deluxe, mini-humbuckers and maple neck.

Now that's what it's about.

Gibson should've gotten it right the first time around like Fender did

Seriously, though, great catch! Could we get clips?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Quote by K33nbl4d3
Now that's what it's about.

Gibson should've gotten it right the first time around like Fender did

Seriously, though, great catch! Could we get clips?

I´ll play it at my next gig in 2 weeks. There´ll be a video or two.

I can´t understand why Gibson doesn´t put maple necks on the reissues. Today´s deluxes are just standards with mini-humbuckers.
Last edited by kentuckyklira at Nov 22, 2015,
Sweet man!
Post a clip of you playing this sexy beast
Originally posted by Joshua Garcia
I just come here to dick around.
And maybe occasionally wave my dick around.

My D is major
Plays like butter. Just lowered the action a bit. Sustain to die for and nice harsh attack thanks to the maple neck. The mini-humbuckers sound brighter than usual humbuckers, not a note that sounds muddy. It´s a great guitar and well-invested cash!
Congratulations... great looking guitar and I wouldn't imagine that it is a 70's guitar !!
Great condition... like we say in Egypt.. Mashaa Allah
'12 Gibson '58 Re-issue
'14 Fender American Special Stratocaster
'14 Squier Classic Vibe 50's Telecaster
'05 Ibanez RG320FM (With Upgrades)
Laney IRT Studio (IRT112 Cab)
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
BOSS GT-8
Looks good! You're lucky to have found a vintage guitar that plays well and is in such nice condition.
Congrats! those are great sounding pick ups!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
HNGD

the deluxe is one of my favourite LPs, I like the brighter tone of the mini humbuckers - I believe it was Les Paul's favourite production model, too.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Nice score man! Would love me a GT Deluxe.

HNGD
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by monwobobbo
nice looking Deluxe makes me want to go play some Thin Lizzy . enjoy

I always wanted to cover "Johnny the Fox Meets Jimmy the Weed"!

With that LP all you need are bellbottoms and awful teeth and you'll be right there
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
With that LP all you need are bellbottoms and awful teeth and you'll be right there

Sorry, I´m German, my teef are a ok!

Well, 2/3 ain't bad.

Maybe you could pull this look off instead then:

Minus the V of course.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
HNGD! Sweet vintage LP
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Well, 2/3 ain't bad.

Maybe you could pull this look off instead then:

Minus the V of course.

Me, playing at a festival with my OZZY tribute band this summer!

Well shit, I guess you got it all figured out!

Sweet pic too.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
What is a pancake body? Sounds flimsy
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Quote by The Judist
What is a pancake body? Sounds flimsy

Back in the Norlin era, it was quite common for Gibson to make the bodies out of multiple pieces of wood in horizontally-glued layers rather than vertically-glued slabs. Hence one of the reasons that purists despise the Norlin Gibsons.

Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Sounds wicked man! Bark at the Moon is a great riff
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Not a bad sounding guitar either
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by kentuckyklira
I´ll play it at my next gig in 2 weeks. There´ll be a video or two.

I can´t understand why Gibson doesn´t put maple necks on the reissues. Today´s deluxes are just standards with mini-humbuckers.

They don't do it on Re-Issues for the obvious reason that the originals had 1/4 sawn Mahogany necks. The originals have the "sound" that many LP players today still seek to get.
A Maple neck affects the sound of a Les Paul and changes it from what the Mahogany necks gave it.
Most Les Paul fans like the original specs over Norlins bastardized attempts to reproduce the guitar in the 70's. The 70's are the era when LPs gained the reputation for being ridiculously heavy as well when Norlin sought to use multiple pieces of smaller, less expensive Mahogany to build their bodies.
The only reason to change to Maple necks was a minor issue with headstock breaks. People seem to think LP headstocks just fall off on their own but honestly all headstock breaks on LPs were from abuse (in most cases), you know storing your guitar on a stand so some bozo can knock it over, or leaning it against your amp so it can fall/slide as well or a crappy case design that fails to support the neck and keep the headstock from touching the back of the case (which Gibson actually did themselves for a year or two in the 70's I believe).
When Gibson ships a Les Paul to Vendors, who in turn ship them to us buyers, the guitar sits in its case, tuned to pitch and the case is in a simple cardboard box with a couple of wedges to keep the top of the case from moving side to side during transport.
Seems to work just fine. I''ve owned new 6 LPs - 2 Elitists, a Gibson USA Trad +. and 3 RI's, two of which I still have that were shipped to me from the US to Canada via UPS.
Thousands are sold every year and shipped all the world with no issues. So its a User problem not a design problem.
You want a guitar that's nearly indestructible you buy a Fender.
Moving on.....
Last edited by KenG at Dec 12, 2015,
I'm late to the party, but nice guitar!

I have a 2012 reissue Deluxe Goldtop (basically a mashup of specs from the Traditional and Standard of that year, with mini-humbuckers). Would certainly not mind an original! Always thought these were the coolest Les Pauls around.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.