So I just put in three new pots and a new cap in my Jazz Bass. All seemed well until I tried turning the volume all the way down. That pot is doing nothing whatsoever.
Gear:
Fender Telecaster w/ Dual Gibson Humbuckers
Ovation Celebrity Acoustic/Electric
Fender Frontman 212R
Band(s):
Old Too Young (Folk/Bluegrass/Punk)
The Orange Line (Stoner Metal/Punk/Alternative)
take a clear photo of how the pots are wired, put it on photobucket or imgur or whatever and (Invalid img) tag it here. There's not much anyone can do with "it doesn't work" except guess or tell you to check the connections, but I'd assume you've already done that if you've gotten to the point of making this thread.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Gear:
Fender Frontman 212R
Band(s):
so no control over the tone control at all? if i was to guess a grounding issue because the treble would have nowhere to go.

6 or 7 solutions off the top of my head without seeing the images assuming the diagrams proper
the capacitor isn't properly connected
usually the left contact of the volume or the lug connecting the tone pot is one place to look
cold solders
a damaged capacitor , paper in oil for example "love" heat
a loose connection
its touching like conductive paint and screwing itself up put in layman terms
or the rare occasion where the pot gets over heated to the point it doesn't work
Last edited by Tallwood13 at Nov 22, 2015,
Is there a way to tell if I blew the cap or not?
Gear:
Fender Frontman 212R
Band(s):
there is a special kind of multimeter that does , what kind was it? if it's metalized polyester or ceramic i wouldnt worry at all.

green or red candy looking ones are polyester , typically stock capacitors in imports
ceramic are bright orange

work your way down the list i mentioned and see what it is, sometimes it's the smallest issue. Like my friends les paul custom it was all solid connections just a pot came loose on the nut that holds it to the guitar and the contacts from the pot touched the shielding. A small issue for me to fix , a big problem to him.