Hi. I've been working on an album for the better part of a year now. I declared it done last week, but as usual, having some skepticism about whether it sounds good enough yet.

I'd appreciate any suggestions/comments!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpHvWrShsEk
Congratulations on putting in the effort and putting out a record! I thought the composition was good; it progressed and peaked well. Some thoughts on the production:

-There is a lot of reverb on the drums, making them sound quite airy and distant. Did you use too few mics during recording?

-The kick sound is punchy yet not too wet/clicky sounding, which I like.

-The guitars lack mids, making them sound also quite distant and not powerful. In future, consider reducing the gain and increasing mid frequencies for a fuller sound.

-Your vocals seem to have mids, which makes your NON GUTTURAL vocals overpower the rest of the mix and not sound so great. Your guttural vocals sound good here, because they contain higher frequencies.

Hope these opinions are useful
Most of my grindcore inspiration comes from my hard drive.
Really thin sounding guitars. Actually the whole mix is a bit messy tbh. There is barely any bass audible. With my monitors I feel like there's a lot of unfilled sonic space between guitars and anything other. You have to make the guitar fatter that might solve a lot of what I already said.

In conclusion, the music was good, but the mixing wasn't really. I really felt like all the sound sources were "unconnected". This is good start, but I really think you should consider remixing this.
Thanks for the tips guys!

@Kennykenny: I actually used superior drummer for the drums and no reverb. However, some of the mikes in the vst I think are room mikes, but the only ones that seem to make the toms audible.

@both of you: Most of my problems mixing this were where guitars and vocals were concerned. Both seem to be fighting for the same space and have the same problem frequencies as well. Do you honestly think remixing it will help, or should I just go ahead and rerecord the guitars?
If you have recorded the guitars with a real amp, you should rerecord with better eq. Btw, recording dry signal with a DI-box and running the signal to reamp it is the way to go if you don't like to rerecord everytime you want to change eq on the amp.
Quote by blacknex
If you have recorded the guitars with a real amp, you should rerecord with better eq. Btw, recording dry signal with a DI-box and running the signal to reamp it is the way to go if you don't like to rerecord everytime you want to change eq on the amp.

I don`t have a reamper, but that`s something I`ll probably do in the future.