So, I am getting back into guitars after a couple of years and am looking for a new one to buy. I am thinking either the epiphone sg special cherry or the Ibanez GS221 chocolate brown sunburst. I am going to play mostly classic rock and hard rock. Any suggestions?
please buy Fender Stratocaster.It is more beautiful.I like it very much.It is one of the famous guitar among others.
oops i hit enter too soon

i remember reading another discussion about gibson dropping a bit of its quality because it can get away with it's big name or something, and that epiphone was becoming a more reasonable purchase in comparison. i dunno where the thread went and i have no experience with the sg in person... maybe drop into your local music shop and check them out. they're popular and pretty guitars, i see them frequently on display
Quote by l00001000100101
So, I am getting back into guitars after a couple of years and am looking for a new one to buy. I am thinking either the epiphone sg special cherry or the Ibanez GS221 chocolate brown sunburst. I am going to play mostly classic rock and hard rock. Any suggestions?

Definitely go with the Ibanez, the necks last much longer and the engineering is vastly superior. If you want an SG style guitar, check out the LTD Viper. They will stay in tune much better than an epiphone or fender. http://www.espguitars.com/products?categories=viper-series