Good stuff.

It just became a bit boring after a couple of minutes. Well, maybe that's because the backing track wasn't changing at all. I would have wanted to hear more dynamics. When you started shredding, you pretty much kept on shredding until the end. I would have wanted to hear more sustained notes, also maybe turn down the volume knob a bit, witch to the neck pickup and play some less shreddy stuff, more "feel" based stuff.

But yeah, you can't really expect to hear a mind blowing 5 minute guitar solo over a backing track that doesn't really change at all during those 5 minutes. And that's why I don't really like backing tracks - they stay the same and it's hard to stay interesting for a long time because nothing happens with the dynamics or the feel. It doesn't feel like music to me.

But yeah, sounded good and I guess you had fun. It would just have sounded better if it had been more dynamic (well, that was also the backing track's fault) and a bit shorter. But all in all, your playing sounded great.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Your playing style reminded a little bit of SRV. There's a definite groove in your playing. This is definitely a good jam. My only 'criticism' is that this feels like an extended solo rather than a song (but I'm pretty sure that's what you were going for). I think the levels on the rhythm guitar need to be turned down just a little bit, as your lead work is being a little overshadowed. The ending was a bit abrupt.

P.S. That's a really cool guitar you have there! If you don't mind me asking is that a relic? Awesome either way!

Could you please check out my track 'Delusions of grandeur' at https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1691654 ?
Quote by MaggaraMarine
Good stuff.

It just became a bit boring after a couple of minutes. Well, maybe that's because the backing track wasn't changing at all. I would have wanted to hear more dynamics. When you started shredding, you pretty much kept on shredding until the end. I would have wanted to hear more sustained notes, also maybe turn down the volume knob a bit, witch to the neck pickup and play some less shreddy stuff, more "feel" based stuff.

But yeah, you can't really expect to hear a mind blowing 5 minute guitar solo over a backing track that doesn't really change at all during those 5 minutes. And that's why I don't really like backing tracks - they stay the same and it's hard to stay interesting for a long time because nothing happens with the dynamics or the feel. It doesn't feel like music to me.

But yeah, sounded good and I guess you had fun. It would just have sounded better if it had been more dynamic (well, that was also the backing track's fault) and a bit shorter. But all in all, your playing sounded great.

Hey thank you for the feedback!!!! 5 min with a backing track is definitively too long, maybe I should first play a theme! But thanks for the reply!!!
Quote by silvadolla
Your playing style reminded a little bit of SRV. There's a definite groove in your playing. This is definitely a good jam. My only 'criticism' is that this feels like an extended solo rather than a song (but I'm pretty sure that's what you were going for). I think the levels on the rhythm guitar need to be turned down just a little bit, as your lead work is being a little overshadowed. The ending was a bit abrupt.

P.S. That's a really cool guitar you have there! If you don't mind me asking is that a relic? Awesome either way!

Could you please check out my track 'Delusions of grandeur' at https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1691654 ?

Thanks !! yeah it's just a solo! thanks for the feedback about the video!

About the guitar, yep it's a relic 52 from the fender custom shop... I'm not into the heavy relic thing... but when I tried that guitar... it was like she was made for my hand and the tone is really old school (which I like)!