I'm probably going to buy the Ibanez Prestige RG3727FZ below, but before I do that I've noticed there's a few nice looking used Prestiges floating about, some up to 10 years old.

Is it worth saving the cash and going second hand?

Go used. I have four prestiges. I think they are all mid 2000's. They are some of the best superstrats you can find for the money. Period.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Absolutely. Some great deals can be had on older prestiges, not to mention some of their predecessors.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Excellent - will have a look around, might pick up a couple as I've seen older ones for £500 which is a bargain.
unless you justr can't live without a new guitar (or have piles of money and don't care) then going used is always the plan. plenty of great deals out there and your cash will buy you a better axe. Ibanez Prestige models have consistently been good guitars so i wouldn't hesitate to buy one.
I have a 2002 Jem 7vSBL which i paid £700 (MIJ prestige) the guitar is excellent best I've played feels perfect for me and sounds great
Quote by Chargrill3d
Excellent - will have a look around, might pick up a couple as I've seen older ones for £500 which is a bargain.

If you can snag a used RG3727FZ for £500, do it! They're almost as nice as the JCustom 7s. Make sure it comes with the hard case.
Used Prestiges are the best bangs for the buck, hands down. You'll end up seeing a lot of cosmetically challenged RGs, but that's the nature of the sharp body edges. Almost like they were designed to have chips flake off if someone looks at them funny.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Quote by Chargrill3d
Is it worth saving the cash and going second hand?

Always, shop around for a used one in excellent condition and get way more for your money, I have 13 guitars and only one was purchased new. Unless you have loads of cash and just want to buy new then by all means go for it! Personally I am happier buying used.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge