Hey guys I hope you can help me out.

I've recently reformatted and upgraded to Windows 10 from 7. I've gotten my VSTs all set up working nicely in Reaper without any issues. All except the one VST I paid for- BIAS Desktop. For some reason Reaper doesn't want to be able to see the bias.dll even though it's in the same folder as all my other VSTs! It can find the demo for BIAS FX no problem! But both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of BIAS Desktop it doesn't want to find. I hope someone can help because I can't figure this out. It's driving me nuts!

Thanks in advance.
Gibson SG Standard
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Bugera 333xl
Boss ge-7 EQ
Right click on the shortcut to Reaper and choose "run as administrator", then go to your audio setup and force Reaper to look for all the plugins again. Hopefully that will do.
If it does you can then set it up to run as admin every time by editing the shortcut properties.
Thank you very much for the reply.

I had no luck in finding Reaper. I just added a bunch of other amp VSTs and they were found without any issues but still no luck on the BIAS front
Gibson SG Standard
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Bugera 333xl
Boss ge-7 EQ
I just tried doing all the different bits like you suggest, both of BIAS and Reaper but still to no avail. When I'm scanning for VSTs it SEES BIAS there which is infuriating but it just doesn't load it up! I don't understand
Gibson SG Standard
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Bugera 333xl
Boss ge-7 EQ
I'm currently running 32 bit, and I will say, I hated 64 bit. I don't know why. It just ran into many more problems, crashed alot, and wasn't reliable at all. I ran into the same problem with some waves plugins on 32 bit. Reaper saw the program, but it didn't load at all. I kept rescanning for several days until I just gave up. A week later I tried again and it worked like a champ. Reaper confuses me sometimes.....
I'm on Windows 7 with Reaper version 4x, 64 bit - Bias works great.

If I run 32 bit Reaper it won't "see " the 64 bit Bias plug, but when I run reaper in 64 bit everything is fine. I did not install the 32 bit Bias.

Try uninstalling Bias completely. Then only install the 64 bit version and see if Reaper 64 bit will catch it. It should work.
Also - very important - install Bias in its Default suggested location ! Do not change the default installation path - that may be screwing you up. It's good practice to install all plugs in their default locations, you'll run into less issues.
Quote by reverb66
Also - very important - install Bias in its Default suggested location ! Do not change the default installation path - that may be screwing you up. It's good practice to install all plugs in their default locations, you'll run into less issues.

The problem with that is that you'll have to fish for all these disparate locations, while if you install everything in its folder you can point your DAW to look in one or two locations.
Personally, I have a C:\VST and c:\VST64 folders where I store all plugins.
Quote by diabolical
The problem with that is that you'll have to fish for all these disparate locations, while if you install everything in its folder you can point your DAW to look in one or two locations.
Personally, I have a C:\VST and c:\VST64 folders where I store all plugins.

True - it's much more annoying keeping track of all the folder locations ( I write them in a small notepad ), but I figure it would be a good idea to try the default location in case that is somehow the issue.
Did you ever get this solved. i am having the exact same problem to the point i know reaper has it but i cant find the fx. i have uninstalled and reinstalled read every post and tried just about everything.. it wont come up.

seeing this and then not being able to find it.. makes me beyond angry.
That is bizarre! REAPER sees it and it still won't come up in your plugin list? Mine is working, with Bias_X64.dll in C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins

The dll needs to know where to see the rest of the BIAS program's copy protection stuff as far as I know. I remember it having serious performance issues and even some crashing due to the extremely aggressive copy protection code. I wonder if its looking at the wrong place to find the rest of the guts. Did you install the rest of BIAS to wherever the installer wanted it to go by default?
yeah i never relocated anything. it all installed where it was prompt up to install. No DICE! completely at a loss.

here it shows its in the right location.

and like i said it reads it in reaper but its not in my fx and i am at a loss as i just want to play some guitar! ><

FOR SOME REASON... i was able to download the demo of the BIAS FX and it works no problem :/ but the bias AMP that i actually paid for doesnt work.
Last edited by kodes at Jun 8, 2016,
64bit also added an edit pipeline. thanks for the quick responses!
Holy guacamole! So Bias FX demo is working, (its the 64 bit version as well?) but in "add FX" it only shows BIAS FX and not BIAS Desktop?
Thanks. I will try this when I get home from work. I want to say I think I tried it, but will give it another go!

And yeah fx shows the 64bit but amp won't appear. And I do believe they have the same locations as well which also makes it strange.
Last edited by kodes at Jun 9, 2016,
Is the plugin VST3? The 64bit version of Reaper is known to show issues with VST3, and it has on mine. 32bit doesn't have the same issues.

If so, perhaps check and see if there is a non VST3 version of the plugin?
I had all kinds of weirdness with Reaper x64 so I just went with x32 version, all my plugins came up fine.

Try that first.

Also try running it as administrator ->right click the Reaper shortcut, select "Run as Administrator"
Hmm not sure I'll have to look into that. Still didn't work. Lol. Hoping the guys will honestly let me just swap my purchase over to the fx package as I love what I am getting out of that in the mean time.