Page 1 of 2
Personally? Not asking in a bad way, but just in general.
I need some new ideas.

I'm not so much a fan of including my name or personal info when creating them because that's overrated and it would simply be to easy to guess especially if someone knew you very well, and I'm probably the only one that gets it from fruits. (don't judge me noobs.) Anyway, I'm starting to think it's kinda bad so yeah.

suggestions would be nice.
i use vegetables followed by random numbers

i should start doing that thing where you do patterns on your keyboard or something though

or the initialisation of a full sentence
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I use an assortment of letters and numbers that are seemingly random but have a meaning that makes sense to me.

Aye, my madness. There's a method to it.
Free Ali
pet names + 2 or 3 random numbers easy to remember (house address, zip code, etc)

mothers maiden name + 2 or 3 numbers

elementary school i went to + 2 or 3 numbers
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by k.lainad
pet names + 2 or 3 random numbers easy to remember (house address, zip code, etc)

Those numbers aren't random, though. You all should have some passwords that have no real attachment to you. Haven't you seen Mr. Robot?
Free Ali
Either use a password manager to create a random one or use a passphrase. Pick an uncommon song lyric (not like 'oops i did it again' or something like that) or dumb nonsense phrase like "cheese in the bowl tastes good'. The longer the better.

Quote by k.lainad

Not sure if srs.
Last edited by jazz_rock_feel at Nov 23, 2015,
Whatever the first word that TS's mom screams during intercourse, followed by the number 48, a hyphen, and the ampersand sign
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by tateandlyle
all my passwords are just "imapoopyweinerlookatmypoop"

when my sister was cool in middle school she used aol instant messenger on my mom's computer. one of my brothers walked by the computer one day and changed her away message to "hi my name is ellie and i'm pooping the biggest poop ever right now" and when she came back and saw it she cried for two days
I use a song and some numbers usually
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I usually just hit random keys.
I also use a simple password manager I wrote several years ago.
And I regularly back the data file up in multiple places on 3 different computers plus 2 USB drives.

Quote by TobusRex
I use your mother's phone number.

(775) 246-7252 ?

Call it, I dare you
For all you know, it might actually be his mom's phone number.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Nov 23, 2015,
you want my mother's maiden name too?
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I use a password manager. Lastpass works great when using your phone and web browser.
If I need a password for something else other than a web site, then if I can access a phone/PC and the internet I still use the password manager to generate a random secure one and then I just copy it whenever I need it. If not I choose some random possibly weak ones by hand.
Thankfully the times I need to create a password on my own are few.
I only use one password for every site ever. It was just something I thought of when I needed to make one in high school.

Sometimes it tells me it's too short. Then I use a color and numbers.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by chrismendiola
Those numbers aren't random, though. You all should have some passwords that have no real attachment to you. Haven't you seen Mr. Robot?

you realize i was joking, right?

my passwords are like this : qpwo3398

just random letters and numbers, nobody can ever figure that out
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by k.lainad

You say that like you made it obvious that you were joking.
Free Ali
Quote by k.lainad

I remember taking a Linux Admin class several years ago.
One of the projects was everyone in the class create a password on their system, and everybody else try to hack it, using a program called "Jack The Ripper" (or something like that).
One guy had the password "renotS".
Which at first I thought was rather odd considering we were in Reno, Nevada.
Until I read it backwards.
That gave me a bit of a laugh.
Quote by k.lainad

It's not people you need to worry about, it's computers.

If a single hacker gets hold of a database with your password on it, then for something like "qpwo3398" I think it would take a couple of minutes to crack it, tops.

Compare it to a password like "Q6T7^bNaUQgYCp&&%&u8", which would take trillion of years to crack.

Check sites like these to find out:
https://www.grc.com/haystack.htm
https://howsecureismypassword.net/
(If you don't trust one of these just check another one, the all show similar results for the same passwords).

Having a password manager is the only feasible way to handle passwords like the above. If it's impossible for you to have a password manager (for some reason), then this is also a good way to create passwords:

One is a band name that's not very well known, but replacing as many letters as possible with numbers and special characters as I can, like a with @, I with 1, that kind of thing. Another one is just two chords out of a progression I wrote and the names of the two chords are complicated enough to make them a good password. For one I picked a random word in the dictionary, misspelled it on purpose, replaced a few letters with symbols that look similar and then added a random number on the end.

I know you're not supposed to use the same password on different things, but I'm lazy, so I use a unique one for things that are more important to not have compromised, like my email and my bank's website, but then for everything that doesn't really matter like forums and random websites and such I just use the same one all the time.

You could also concatenate two words together ltihkies, alternating the letters from both words, and then try to add some numbers and such in.

edit: I forgot about that xkcd comic. I remember seeing that one and thinking, "damn, I need to make a password like that" and then promptly forgot.

double edit: I just checked some of my passwords on howsecureismypassword.net and my two most recent passwords said 50 thousand years and 344 thousand years. Then I checked an old one that I used to use all the time and it said 3 hours.
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Nov 24, 2015,
'It would take a desktop PC about 325 million years to crack your password'

that's for my usual one
suck it
I just checked correcthorsebatterystaple and the website said it would take a quintillion years to crack and Tr0ub4dor&3 would take 4 thousand years. I'm guessing xkcd's password cracking computer is a lot faster than a desktop pc.
Quote by Eastwinn
'It would take a desktop PC about 325 million years to crack your password'

that's for my usual one
suck it

"It would take a desktop PC about 266 quattuordecillion years to crack your password"

Should start using that one
using that site and the handful of passwords i've been using over the years, i seem to be getting better at coming up with them.

my oldest password would take 20 seconds.

newest is 2 billion years.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo
you want my mother's maiden name too?

Hmmmmm.....She told me her name was Shirley Jackson. But she did have to get me pretty drunk.
My passwords are all variations on one word from my childhood, then I just add numbers on the end of them so I can keep the same word each month
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
I use the same password over and over but sometimes I change the numbers in it

Also I hate when stuff makes you put shit like one capitalised letter, a number, one special character with an accent, one ancient rune and whatever other stuff

Like piss off mate my password is fine
I have nothing important to say
Quote by JackSaints
I use the same password over and over but sometimes I change the numbers in it

Also I hate when stuff makes you put shit like one capitalised letter, a number, one special character with an accent, one ancient rune and whatever other stuff

Like piss off mate my password is fine

This indeed, especially since it doesn't make your password any harder to crack. What annoys me even more are the accounts where you have to change your password every X months.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
if you type your password it gets censored

check it out!

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
I'm using the xkcd method. Current passwords range from a couple of billion years and up, depending on how much I care about the content hidden behind said password.
small phrase, translate to different language, add numbers at will
Page 1 of 2