Page 1 of 3
So, Turkey just shot down a Russian airplane because it allegedly flew briefly over their airspace. Although this is not the first time Russia has violated their airspace, it was probably uncalled for since you're playing at war because a plane flew in your territoy for like 10 seconds at best.

The deputy speaker of Russia’s parliament, and a member of its international affairs committee, accused Turkey of supporting Islamic State [Isis] and shooting down the Russian plane over Syria. So the political consensus, although no official statement has been made, is that this won't be pretty. Seeing as Turkey is a part of NATO, this can escalate rather quickly.

The guardian's brief piece on the shooting

The Guardian's live stream of events
More bad news? How am I supposed to dick around now?
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I hope NATO has an opt out clause when the country that gets attacked by russia .Asked for it.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
I hope NATO has an opt out clause when the country that gets attacked by russia .Asked for it.

NATO already summoned an emergency meeting for today, even before Russia's declarations. I guess it's alarming but a good sign that they're not underestimating this
Turkey has some dangerous neighbours, I can understand that in a situation like that they might shoot whatever violates their airspace (though I don't necessarily agree with doing so). The Turks will blame the Russians and the Russians will blame the Turks, and that's all that will happen.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Does turkey have nuclear weapons?
Because NATO could just nuke the fuck out of them. That way the Russians don't have to worry about invading their airspace anymore. It's the only possible solution here.
I have nothing important to say
I'm sure this will all blow over like the Korea thing a couple years ago.

How can we fight ISIS if we're fighting ourselves?
Quote by JackSaints
Does turkey have nuclear weapons?
Because NATO could just nuke the fuck out of them. That way the Russians don't have to worry about invading their airspace anymore. It's the only possible solution here.

Turkey is a part of NATO... At the most NATO can say Turkey's on its own but turning against them would be an international policy calamity even bigger than downing a Russian plane
Quote by the bartender
Turkey has some dangerous neighbours, I can understand that in a situation like that they might shoot whatever violates their airspace (though I don't necessarily agree with doing so). The Turks will blame the Russians and the Russians will blame the Turks, and that's all that will happen.

Turkey are fucking morons, hope Russia wreck them and NATO refuse to support to them.

What complete and utter idiots.
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
What I don't get is the conflicting reports. Fair enough Russia don't want people to think they were in Turkish airspace, but why would Turkey claim to have shot down a Russian plane if they didn't?
I think I was asleep maybe, or in work.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Vladimir Putin said the loss of the jet “is a stab in the back, carried out by the accomplices of terrorists”. In his first comments on the incident he said: “I can’t describe it in any other way.”

The Russian President said the jet was downed 4km inside Syria. He claimed the pilots were not a threat.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
If it was in Syrian airspace I hope Turkey gets thrown out of NATO.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
I was in a boring tutorial.

So if this ever does become a 'where were you when' thing, I'll just lie about it.
I definitely have to lie about what I was doing.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
I definitely have to lie about what I was doing.

Were you shooting down a Russian aeroplane?
Quote by Neo Evil11
If it was in Syrian airspace I hope Turkey gets thrown out of NATO.

Someone's done the maths and it would've been in Turkish airspace for a total of 9 seconds, stupid dick waving by Turkey as it stands.

Where were you when WW3 started?

on the toilet, pooping

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by WaterGod
Meh. It will only be ww3 when Russia blows up an American jet fighter.

OBama will pussy out then.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
OBama will pussy out then.

Just like Kennedy did when the Soviets shot down that U2 over Cuba...oh wait.
Funny considering Turkey constantly invade the airspace of countries like Greece. Imagine if they "defended themselves" in the same way.

I mean granted, for Greece right now that would probably mean throwing pieces of broken dinner plates at the planes, but whatever
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7

Also these WW3 predictions are becoming just as silly as the doomsday predictions.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
there is no way that russia and nato are going at war.

If the cold war didn't spark that conflict, there is no way that a lone jet will cause it. No politician is that ******ed. If bloodthirsty Stalin didn't do it and trigger happy reagan didn't do it, I think it's safe to say that we're past the risk
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/world-war-three-could-just-6890807#ICID=FB_mirror_main

Just incase you can't be bothered visiting them, the title of the article is:

World War Three could just be 30 seconds away!

I wonder who is trying to instill more fear into the British public? The mirror or ISIS? Seriously, the Mirror is the worst source of any sort of news ever, jeeso!
I would agree but The Sun, Star, Daily Express, Daily Mail, etc. exist

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Someone's done the maths and it would've been in Turkish airspace for a total of 9 seconds, stupid dick waving by Turkey as it stands.

That's 9 seconds too long, especially in light of the capabilities of modern aircraft to NOT do that.

Given the dick-waving that Russia has historically done about their airspace and sovereignty, they don't have much of a complaint here.

It wasn't particularly prudent on the part of Turkey, but it was justifiable.

And it won't amount to much in the grand scheme of things.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Apparently Syrian rebels have hit a Russian helicopter that was out trying to recover the jet pilots...what a mess
That Mars colonization mission sounds more and more appealing with each passing day. Peace out, Earthlings.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by Arby911
That's 9 seconds too long, especially in light of the capabilities of modern aircraft to NOT do that.

Given the dick-waving that Russia has historically done about their airspace and sovereignty, they don't have much of a complaint here.

Yeah Russia have been quite a bit of this for a while now. Seeing how close they can get to UK airspace before they respond, they've seemingly had a few warnings about this from the Turks previously, they were given warnings prior to the supposed incursion, I think the Turks were well within their rights provided the jet actually did cross into Turkish airspace. Especially considering how volatile the area is at the minute.
I don't wanna be part of the OMG WW3 crowd

But let's keep in mind that WWI started because some nobody shot some dork
Check out my band Disturbed
WW3 probably wont go off because of this but could this cause an event that does spark WW3?

Sure.

Time will tell.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
can more than 1 country in NATO invoke article 5 at a time?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Arby911

Given that this shit is normal by Russia (not saying it is right, btw) then it's even more stupid to kill the plane

Quote by StewieSwan
I don't wanna be part of the OMG WW3 crowd

But let's keep in mind that WWI started because some nobody shot some dork

Well that dork was a pretty important dork. World War II was started because a couple of dudes decided to steam roll into their neighbors. The only way I see WW3 starting is if Putin decides to roll into Turkey.
Quote by metaldud536
Well that dork was a pretty important dork.

eh

World War II was started because a couple of dudes decided to steam roll into their neighbors. The only way I see WW3 starting is if Putin decides to roll into Turkey.

not out of the realm of possibility
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by metaldud536
Well that dork was a pretty important dork.

Not anymore lol.

See ya through that bullethole in hell, dork!
Page 1 of 3