Hi,

I recently got a memory boy as part of a trade at my local music shop, but I'm having issues when using it.

I plug it in, power it up, and it all sounds fine; switching between the three modulation modes is clear and obvious. Then things start getting weird: it seems that as soon as I touch one of the controls (noticed it with the depth control) the pedal changes to a certain setting. Vibrato and chorus seem to do nothing unless the depth control is in the last few millimetres of travel, and the other middle mode seems to be stuck on an extreme setting, again hardly affected by the depth control until the end of its travel. Likewise the delay control does nothing until the end of its travel and seems to be stuck on one setting for the most part.

Wondered if anyone else has had similar issues? My only thought is that it might have something to do with the expression pedal input jack, as this can control both the depth of modulation and the delay time. Not sure what it might be doing, as I've not got an expression pedal plugged in

Thanks for any help!

Nat