Did you ever participate in one of them? Shit is offering 1400 for 5 days. Thinking about just becoming one of those wacky dudes that participates in all of them.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Thinking about just becoming one of those wacky dudes that participates in all of them.

pretty sure that's Fat Lard
My God, it's full of stars!
A friend of mine does. He's not wacky at all. In fact he doesn't get bogged down with a 9-5, has a small business that he just kind of operates when he feels like, travels and has a qt gf.

Sooo maybe those experimental drugs are doing some good.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
A friend of mine does. He's not wacky at all. In fact he doesn't get bogged down with a 9-5, has a small business that he just kind of operates when he feels like, travels and has a qt gf.

Sooo maybe those experimental drugs are doing some good.

Yeah it seems that the jobs I have applied for will take weeks/months in their procedures. And I don't want to take a shitty short term job, so this seems ideal. Just don't understand why other people aren't massively participating in it if it pays more than a month on minimum wage for 5 days.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
How do you find out about them?

A friend of mine needs some cash.

Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
medical trials sounds like some unit 731 shit
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by eGraham
How do you find out about them?

A friend of mine needs some cash.

I literally googled medical trials in dutch.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Yea id do it for sure, what is it exactly?
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Quote by CodeMonk
Links?
I;m in the USA BTW.

I'm not.

^Don't know, don't care. Just need healthy people between 18-55, non-smokers. Side effects may be a headache and diarrhea. Applied to two studies, 3 days for 725, 5 for 1400. Hope I get it. That's 2125 for 8 days of work, food provided.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Neo Evil11 at Nov 24, 2015,
I did an MRI sleep study once for $900. I definitely wouldn't do it again though

I also participated in a study that one of my doctors was conducting (on musculoskeletal injuries in female dancers) and got reimbursed for it. I would be open to doing more stuff like that
cat
Quote by guitarxo
I did an MRI sleep study once for $900. I definitely wouldn't do it again though

I also participated in a study that one of my doctors was conducting (on musculoskeletal injuries in female dancers) and got reimbursed for it. I would be open to doing more stuff like that

I'd like to do an MRI study. Might finally get to find out what is wrong with my brain.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
I'd like to do an MRI study. Might finally get to find out what is wrong with my brain.

I don't know anything about what they found with me specifically

Also I kept falling asleep which meant they had to restart it a few times because they wanted data on me being awake, not asleep
cat
Quote by guitarxo
I don't know anything about what they found with me specifically

Also I kept falling asleep which meant they had to restart it a few times because they wanted data on me being awake, not asleep

Are they not very loud machines?
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Are they not very loud machines?

I think being in noisy enclosed grayish spaces makes me sleepy because I cannot stay awake on airplanes or during road trips either

now that I'm thinking about it, I don't think I've ever not fallen asleep during an MRI
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Nov 24, 2015,
just looked them up in Australia

all volunteer
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
I looked some up and none are close or really applicable to me
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
a lot of research-focused universities offer all sorts of different opportunities where they will pay you for your time. the psychology ones are pretty easy. the medical ones pay better.
google search a nearby university for research participation and see if you qualify for anything.
Quote by CodeMonk
Same here, but some pay travel expenses.

Yeah, the stuff that I applied for do too. But even if they didn't... If it is a three day thing I am sure the travelling expenses don't outweigh the benefits.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
I wouldn't consider participating unless it's very likely to be harmless in the grand scheme of things. Drug trials targeted for major organ systems? Nooooooo, thank you. Testing isotopes for imaging technology? Maybe.
Free Ali
i would absolutely do that

hell im administering unresearched drugs to myself and i'm paying for them. i should be getting paid
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Burgery
i would absolutely do that

hell im administering unresearched drugs to myself and i'm paying for them. i should be getting paid

A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
I probably would yeah
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
I would consider one, but I wouldn't juggle different ones unless I was guaranteed super powers or something.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Banjocal
I would consider one, but I wouldn't juggle different ones unless I was guaranteed super powers or something.

Would you even be allowed for different ones at the same time? Seems like they would not know which medicine is causing which side effect in that case.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
There was a big scare in the UK a while ago bc a bunch of guys were mixing meds and ended up getting sick (surprise, surprise!). IDK how they did it but you could probably find the articles on it. I want to say 2009? Maybe earlier?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Neo Evil11
Would you even be allowed for different ones at the same time? Seems like they would not know which medicine is causing which side effect in that case.

You shouldn't be doing that, but enforcing such a limit might prove difficult, as it will rely on the participants providing accurate identification.
Yeah I am not allowed to participate in multiple studies over 2 months (at least not in the same institution). So I can only do 1 of those. Plus they will do all kinds of blood testing so I doubt I can fool them.

There goes my carreer as a human guinea pig. Now I have to actually show up for my job interviews.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Neo Evil11 at Nov 25, 2015,