I was thinking about getting an Ibanez Jem, but have heard somewhat mixed reviews. I was thinking about getting one and replacing the pickups with some more suited to my style. Other than the pickups, is this a pretty decent guitar for $500? Any pros and cons?
Spending a ton of money on artist royalties (nearly always the case with sig guitars) is one of the worst ways to be spending your money when you haven't got all that much to spend to begin with. The bridge also seems very generic and is most likely a complete piece of poo-poo.

No doubt it's designed specifically to be competitive against the shitty Chinese Ibanez Jem counterfeits. Not much of a bar to set itself against.

Get a used Ibanez Prestige.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Nov 25, 2015,
I haven't tried it, but +1. If you can get a pro quality non-sig guitar for the same price as a non-pro quality sig model, the pro quality non-sig is normally the way to go.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
GUITAR PLAYER magazine just did a review of that guitar. guess the pickups are ok but not up to the standard of the higher end vai models. overalll they seemed to like it (for the money).
I really just want the guitar because it is the cheapest hsh with a floyd that I can find, but I guess I could try and find some more options.
you generally don't want to cheap out on the floyd. you can cheap out on some things for guitar, but floyds don't seem to be one of them unfortunately.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by 70001407
I really just want the guitar because it is the cheapest hsh with a floyd that I can find, but I guess I could try and find some more options.

well perhaps you need to restate this. what you need to do is find the best guitar with the specs you want for what you can afford. i'd look used as that $500 will get you a better guitar. cheap locking trems tend not to hold tune as well or last as long which is something to consider.
Yeah you can get a lot more guitar used. Probably find at least a couple Prestiges, which will blow the JEM Jr. out of the water.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
used prestige.

i have one of these: https://reverb.com/item/1206288-ibanez-prestige-rg2570e-2007-silver

its damn nice, except for the stock pickups. i got mine for $380 though haha. both the seller and i thought it was a 1570.

its worth it though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/