I'm looking to polish my shredding skill and I'm looking for some shredders that will really help take my leads to the next level. My plan is to learn songs from these axe slingers and then use the techniques I pick up in my own songs. Right now I'm looking at learning from Chuck Schuldiner*, Andy LaRoque, Dimebag Darrell*, Dave Murray, Alex Skolnick, Guthrie Govan, John Petrucci*, Brendon Small* and Glenn Tipton to name a few.

Will the techniques I learn from these players really take my own playing to another level? Any advice or other recommendations will really be appreciated.
John Petrucci is among the greatest shredders (and just guitar players in general) who ever lived, and has produced a pretty damn long series of instructional videos. And he's actually a very good teacher, who explains things clearly, which not all the greats are. Look into his video lessons. It absolutely, undeniably, WILL "take your playing to another level".
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
If you're in to metal then I'd recommend Andy James. He is for sure one of the cleanest guitarists alive. He does a lot of instructional dvd's for Licklibrary and appears in countless guitar magazines.

Here's an excerpt from one of his many videos:

Quote by Jake-Reflection
I'm looking to polish my shredding skill and I'm looking for some shredders that will really help take my leads to the next level. My plan is to learn songs from these axe slingers and then use the techniques I pick up in my own songs. Right now I'm looking at learning from Chuck Schuldiner*, Andy LaRoque, Dimebag Darrell*, Dave Murray, Alex Skolnick, Guthrie Govan, John Petrucci*, Brendon Small* and Glenn Tipton to name a few.

Will the techniques I learn from these players really take my own playing to another level? Any advice or other recommendations will really be appreciated.

Some great technical players:

Paul Gilbert ( he has an instructional video or several)

Ygnwie Malmsteen ( he's basically the guy that started that whole thing - he's THE SHREDDER!)

Vinnie Moore - he had a very neoclassical approach early on - see his instructional video

Eric Johnson - his approach is very different from all the others, it's mostly pentatonics - but in a very unique way. Eric Gales and Joe Bonamassa use his approach.

Satriani - legato, vibrato and string bending. Tapping with a pick as well. Check out Surfing with the Alien album - many amazing solos and they're more accessible than all the others here.

Mart Friedman - Rust in peace Album by Megadeth - this is a must for any metal lead guitarist - nearly every solo is gold. See Tornado of Souls - which is really a classic.

Stevie Ray Vaughan - not really in the style of those above, but you aren't really a lead guitarist if you haven't tackled a few of his solos - they don't get any more fierce than that. Check out Testify and Rude Mood on the Texas Flood Album. Good luck, because playing his style is going to be a big learning curve for a metal player.

Mark Knopfler : Sultans of Swing and Brothers in arms solos. All the speed and technique in the world will not help you if you don't understand phrasing -Mark is the king of phrasing.