Hi, so I'm thinking of getting a new delaypedal. I've narrowed it down to the Boss dd-500 or the Korg sdd-3000 since I can get them for around the same price here in Sweden, 3000-3500 SEK.
I was just wondering if anyone here have experience with both or either and could help me answer some questions.

1. Which one do you prefer? Why?
2. What is the most different things between the pedals?
3. What is the most same about the pedals?
4. What can one do that the other cannot?
5. Can any or both have two delays active at the same time?
6. What is the best and worst thing about each pedal?
7. Would you recommend another pedal in the same price range? Strymon Timeline=too expensive

Phew, sorry for the heavy questions, feel free to answer what you can, or maybe just ramble on about one of the pedals.
Have a great day!
Just ordered the Boss DD-500.

I ordered based on the following:
The DD-500 is brand new, SDD-3000 has been on the market for a while now and just recently had a price drop.
The DD-500 user interface seems easier ( I have no personal experience ) -- and the SCREEN display seems awesome.
The only downside users seem to have regarding the DD-500 is the shimmer setting - my POG2 can do that no problem.
The DD-500 does not do a Timeline "ICE" setting at all - the "ICE" settting on a timeline sounds amazing.
The DD-500 does do both delays at the same time.
Fender HRD - LTD.
Epi Les Paul 100 series Lefty w/ SD HRD
Fender Mexi Tele - Lefty
Martin D45 lefty
BlueRidge BR- 160 - 12 Lefty
Ditto X2 Looper
Ibanez TS-9, FL 301('79)
MXR Carbon Copy, COMP
Fulltone OCD
EB VP Jr.
No experience with the Korg but I got the Boss last week and it's glorious.

Being able to run two delays finally does what I was hoping all the other large delays I've owned or tried could. Yes, the Timeline sounds a bit more organic, but it's also a good bit more. I'm super satisfied with the Boss and its actually the only Boss product I've even considered purchasing in the past 10 years.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quick question - I was looking at the BOSS DD-500 or maybe a stereo multi-effect pedal like the Zoom MS-70CDR to basically play around w/ some of these time-based effects. Would I just run either of these pedals in my FX loop from the amp?
Quote by MatrixClaw
No experience with the Korg but I got the Boss last week and it's glorious.

Being able to run two delays finally does what I was hoping all the other large delays I've owned or tried could. Yes, the Timeline sounds a bit more organic, but it's also a good bit more. I'm super satisfied with the Boss and its actually the only Boss product I've even considered purchasing in the past 10 years.

Given that you seldom are this specific and supportive of a given product, If I was in the market that would pretty much be all I needed to hear!

TS, take note.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin