Hello guys,

I have these pedals currently running into my amp (Bugera V22) in the order from the guitar (2012 MIA Strat):

(First) Tone City Compressor -> LPB-1 Boost -> Soul Food OD -> Tone City Tape Machine -> Digitech JamMan (Last).

In your personal opinions, what would you think would get me the closest Mayer tones in terms of the order of the pedals, what would you change/keep?
What you really need is a new amp. Fender voiced?

For real: Guitar > Comp > Soul Food > Boost > Amp Input.

Effects Send > Delay > Looper > Effects Return.

You can also put the boost after the delay in the effects loop to get more of a volume boost. In the front of the amp you'll get more grit.
Last edited by Will Lane at Nov 25, 2015,
Quote by Will Lane
What you really need is a new amp. Fender voiced?

For real: Guitar > Comp > Soul Food > Boost > Amp Input.

Effects Send > Delay > Looper > Effects Return.

You can also put the boost after the delay in the effects loop to get more of a volume boost. In the front of the amp you'll get more grit.

To achieve more Mayer-esk tones you're right about the amp. I've seen comparisons between the Bugera V22 and the Blues Junior and for the price, I'm not overly impressed with the BJ. Anything over 22W for home use is pushing it too. I had a Blues Deluxe Reissue and that was loud!

What other amps would you recommend?
Quote by Will Lane
^ A Fender with the volume turned down You do not have to have the amp loud to get good tones. But of course it is fun, isn't it?

I am not an expert on Mayer or Fender amps. http://www.johnmayergear.com/amps/ suggests blackface. But I am sure you can get reasonably good tones out of the Bugera.

Haha, I guess that's true. And yep, very fun!

I'll just save 2K and get a Two-Rock then
Interesting, those Carvin's sound very nice.

I've seen a few people bigging up the Fender Super Champ X2. It's clean channel sounds decent too.
i haven't tried it but i thought the v series was kind of fendery? if so it should be fine.

your pedal order looks fine. it just depends on whether you want to boost volume (or boost the amp into more overdrive) after the soul food (in which case put the boost after the soul food), or boost the soul food into more distortion (in which case put the boost before the soul food).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i haven't tried it but i thought the v series was kind of fendery? if so it should be fine.

your pedal order looks fine. it just depends on whether you want to boost volume (or boost the amp into more overdrive) after the soul food (in which case put the boost after the soul food), or boost the soul food into more distortion (in which case put the boost before the soul food).

It has got a classic/vintage clean tone and does sound very nice. Just about experimenting with tone really!

And from what I've read it's as you've said about the boost position.
yeah i mean i don't want to talk you out of buying something if you just want to buy something anyway, but at the same time i don't want you to feel you have to buy a new amp if you'd be happy with what you have already. So it's up to you, really.

and yeah pretty much, for the boost. if you can be bothered you could try them both ways to see. I suppose you could also boost the lpb-1 with the soul food to see how that sounds, too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?