I love the look of beat up guitars. Especially acoustics. I want an acoustic guitar that looks very worn in (scratches, worn-off finishes, etc.) The only issue is, I don't know how to find them. Does anyone have a suggestion to find them? Maybe even a link to one?
Quote by robpm9995
I love the look of beat up guitars. Especially acoustics. I want an acoustic guitar that looks very worn in (scratches, worn-off finishes, etc.) The only issue is, I don't know how to find them. Does anyone have a suggestion to find them? Maybe even a link to one?

Hi, Search for used acoustic guitars on e-bay. you will find plenty, Good luck
Norman2
Craigslist, Reverb, ebay. Buy a nice used one that got played a lot.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
I have the same kind of problem, finding good guitars with work needed for cheaper than new. If anyone can point me to a Guild jumbo 12 with arched back that needs work for $1.000 USD.......
The nearest Guitar store source to me is 70 miles and they only have new or prime condition used.
When I lived in Baltimore there was Ted's Music. He had 2,000 mostly Mexican spanish style guitars, floors of them loaded floor to ceiling, all in need of work, plus many other guitars. I could always sift through them and pick up one for $50. Those days are gone.
You can always get a new 1 and beat the hell out of it. Fender sells electrics with beat up look but I'm not aware of any companies that sell new acoustics like that. Flea markets are a good place to look for old beat up guitars in need of tlc. It's hit or miss though. Some flea market vendors want ridiculous prices for old junk guitars that were low end imports to begin with.