I'm currently looking for a 7 string guitar for around 800$. (can be more but definitely not over 1000$)

I've been leaning toward Agile guitars such as the interceptor pro with Duncan blackouts, but I'm also thinking about getting an Ibanez or another brand and replacing the pickups with BK Warpigs (as I find these my favorite pickups atm and I really dislike EMGs)

I want a 27 inch scale as I will be playing in standard B, drop A, and A tuning and I don't really think I need a Floyd Rose as I barely us it on my Schecter and it becomes ridiculously annoying when wanting to change tunings.

I like the feeling of your hand around an unpainted natural neck such as -http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBAGRX70QA a cheap guitar like this still feels really nice around the neck. (would like a better quality wood of course, this is just an example)

Weight doesn't matter, I don't want it looking ugly but it doesn't have to be super fancy. The agile guitars look great, as well as stuff like this Ibanez RGIX27FEQM Iron Label Electric Guitar, 7-String, Transparent Gray (Transparent colors and the like look awesome but its doesn't need gold binding and crap)

Ebony fret boards I've found to be some of the best for leads and such but I don't pay attention to it a lot but if its cheap like the Ibanez I linked above it is annoying.

Now for pickups, I mainly play Death Metal, more specifically I like Tech Death (Spawn of Possession, Gorod, Soreption, Hour of Penance) I want punch and to have a lot of groove like Soreption, want to be able to play brutal heavy stuff like Cryptopsy, but also still be able to play tight and have piercing leads and such that don't get muddy if I were to play something more melodic and technical(Sorta like how Soreption tries to do but I never really payed attention to their tone). So I'm mainly wondering whether to buy a cheaper guitar and replace the pickups or go with stock? I like duncans, dimarzios more, and the BK warpigs the best.
Thanks! sorry for the long post!
If you know what you want, why are you asking us? Plus, a 27" scale is not a necessity for A standard. I've got a 25.5" scale and it is perfect for tunings down to G# standard
Baby Joel's rabbit profile picture is kinda cute. #TeamJOEL
Answering questions about pickups is absolutely pointless unless we know your amp setup. Also, why are you trying to replace pickups in a guitar you dont own?

Imo the ERG community places entirely too much emphasis on pickups. Focus on your amps and pedals for your sound first. Pick a guitar for playability and see how the pickups sound after the fact.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by PiercedBand
If you know what you want, why are you asking us? Plus, a 27" scale is not a necessity for A standard. I've got a 25.5" scale and it is perfect for tunings down to G# standard

Well I personally like my strings pretty tight, and also did you swap them out for a lot thicker of a string gauge and aren't they slinky if not? I play with a set of 10-52s on my 6 string for mainly D tuning (not drop D, hate drop tunings) and to be honest I'm probably going to switch those out for 11-54s.

Quote by TheStig1214
Answering questions about pickups is absolutely pointless unless we know your amp setup. Also, why are you trying to replace pickups in a guitar you dont own?

Imo the ERG community places entirely too much emphasis on pickups. Focus on your amps and pedals for your sound first. Pick a guitar for playability and see how the pickups sound after the fact.

Well I play through a small Fender Champion 600 which actually sounds really nice besides there being no other settings besides a high and low gain input. Then I run a Metal Muff pedal (despite its ridiculous name it's actually really great and reliable and I can get so many different tones out of it) through it because at the time it was a cheap alternative to buying a new expensive amp.

I forgot to mention what amp I use and such, no need to be so aggressive. I have Duncan HB108s and I really like them although they don't have enough punch as I would like, I also have had EMGs and I don't like them at all.
I like the feel of an Ibanez but they all have EMGs in them and if I were to buy a cheaper a model and swap them out the guitar will still feel like a cheap guitar besides the pickups then sounding nice.
I've heard a lot about Agile guitars and I'm wondering if I should take the risk without being able to play and feel one myself but I know I'll be happy with the Duncan blackouts.
I can't get a new amp at the moment(If I did I wouldn't really be able to blast it anyway so having a big nice head and cab and everything would just be put to waste) and I'm going to get a new guitar either way so I want to be able to have quality pickups I like.
I personally think that anything you can from Ibanez new in that range isn't going to be as good as the offerings from Agile. If you buy a used Prestige, however, then the choice becomes obvious.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Sorry im not trying to be aggressive. Im just trying to get the whole picture.

With your setup youre not going to hear much of a difference at all between pickups. Id just go with the agile a little undrt your budget and start saving for a new amp if youre concerned about your tone still
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by assassin57

I've been leaning toward Agile guitars such as the interceptor pro with Duncan blackouts, but I'm also thinking about getting an Ibanez or another brand and replacing the pickups with BK Warpigs (as I find these my favorite pickups atm and I really dislike EMGs)

I like the feeling of your hand around an unpainted natural neck such as -http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBAGRX70QA a cheap guitar like this still feels really nice around the neck. (would like a better quality wood of course, this is just an example)

You're on track with the Agile, I think.
You should note that no one makes an "unpainted natural neck," though a lot of them *feel* like they're unpainted. It's usually a matte poly finish.
Quote by dspellman
You're on track with the Agile, I think.
You should note that no one makes an "unpainted natural neck," though a lot of them *feel* like they're unpainted. It's usually a matte poly finish.

Well ya not 100% unpainted and natural, but I mean just polished to where it still has that natural feeling.
I think I've made up my mind though and will go with an Agile.