Hey guys

So I found a Blackstar HT Club 40 on gumtree for $480AUD (straya dollars) and it seems like the kind of amp I'm after but I really would like to some feedback from anyone who has one or has experience with one, I'll be using it to rehearse and gig and it would be my main amp, I'm currently using a Fender Blues Junior 3, would the Blackstar be an upgrade on that?

Also I've been saving up hoping to get a JCM800 because they tend to pop up quite regularly on gumtree in Australia but would obviously cost a lot more, probably about $1500 more, so would it be worth the wait or would the Blackstar do the trick?

I play some Blues but mainly Rock and Metal, 70's and 80's type of stuff

Cheers
"Music Without Emotion Is Like Food Without Flavour"
Paul Gilbert
i have never been amazed by the blackstar HT's (false 'all tube' claims or not). i don't know the market in the land of OZ, but i think you could find better.

dsl401 or dsl40c would be better IMO. probably similar price.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I have the HT40 and it's nice for the price. Just be aware that the clean channel is nothing like Fender or Marshall cleans. I mostly use mine by setting the clean channel to vintage mode and sending it into a meltdown with a muff+fuzz stack.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i have never been amazed by the blackstar HT's (false 'all tube' claims or not). i don't know the market in the land of OZ, but i think you could find better.

dsl401 or dsl40c would be better IMO. probably similar price.

It's been a while since I had one, but I had an HT-20 and it was a pretty boring amp. I literally couldn't tell you how I would describe it any other way.

The ISF I never found to make a big enough difference to even notice. Stock speaker isn't great either (IIRC It's a Celestion Rocket 50?).

It's a usable amp, but there are tons I'd rather instead. Mind you I'm not too familiar with the market in AUS so maybe that's a great deal.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Nov 26, 2015,
I had a Blackstar HT 40 and thought it was superb. Unfortunately though for some reason I used to get an intermittent buzz from mine. I took it back and had it swapped for another but had exactly the same problem. I put it down to either there being something in my house ring main that didn't agree with that amp or the fact that I live quite near to some big military antennas. It's weird because no other amp has ever given me these issues.

I currently own a DSL40c which I upgraded with a Creamback but I wouldn't rate it any better than the Blackstar personally.

If you can get the Blackstar at a good price don't be put off. Even with the box standard Seventy/80 it sounds good whereas the DSL40c to me sounds awful stock with the Seventy/80. Don't be put off by all the "it's not a real tube amp" comments you may hear about the Blackstar. That maybe true but use your ears and decide for yourself.

I play classic rock covers and both amps are fine for that.

I hope that helps.
Last edited by Goochster at Nov 30, 2015,