Page 1 of 3
So, I've got a pinched nerve in my spine. I went to see the doctor on Monday since I'm in too much pain to continue living, much less do PT everyday. She basically told me I was unmotivated and I should watch a TED talk on happiness to increase my pain tolerance.

I've already filed a complaint.

Has anyone experienced this before? Any suggestions on what I can do to reduce the pain?
how do you know she's not right? how do you know it's a pinched nerve in your spine?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Just sayin', it's probably not a good idea to ask us for medical advice that contradict what a licensed physician has already suggested.
lol "doctors"

>implying its not 2015 and theyre still relevent
>implying you cant just youtube yoga poses to fix physical therapy problems
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhRUe-gz690
Your doctor's right. All u need is motivation to overcome any barrier
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
You seem kind of whiny, maybe the TED vid wouldnt hurt.

Unlike your back. HOHOHOHO
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Acϵ♠
how do you know she's not right? how do you know it's a pinched nerve in your spine?

Well, I watched the video three times and it has done fuck all.

I didn't diagnose myself with that. That was her diagnosis after observing me, an x-ray, and an MRI.

I'm not asking for medical assistance. Lower back problems are common, and I was curious what people do to reduce pain, be in a comfortable position, switch positions comfortably...
If you look up Wim Hof you'll be able to master your body and mind. And learn breathing exercises that'll teach you how to raise your ph levels in your endocrine system and such. So you'll never feel pain again, like that monk guy that set himself on fire. Its science
Unpinch my nerve, say that you'll love me again? Undo this hurt that you caused when you pinched my spinal cord and walked out of my life

UNCRY THESE TEARS

I CRII'D SO MANY NIGHTS

everytiem
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

Chuck Schuldiner once had a pinched nerve.

Turned out to be a tumour.

RIP Chuck.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
damn

guy comes here with a potentially serious medical problem and gets completely rekt

good job, pit
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You seem kind of whiny, maybe the TED vid wouldnt hurt

No shit.

Quote by MeGaDeth2314
good job, pit

You know, I figured after 8 years people would have grown up, but obviously not. I just can't keep up with all this post-teenage edge and angst.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Nov 26, 2015,
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
damn

guy comes here with a potentially serious medical problem and gets completely rekt

good job, pit

Its almost as if we arent.... doctors :O
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
damn

good job, pit

girl.

girl comes here.

numbnuts.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

fo' sho but if we were decent human beings we would at least show a shred of sympathy

Quote by EpiExplorer
girl.

girl comes here.

numbnuts.

really? i don't think I ever knew this.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
fo' sho but if we were decent human beings we would at least show a shred of sympathy

Key word is if.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
Like I said

Good job, pit

Thanks. We couldnt have done it without you.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by EpiExplorer

RIP Chuck.

Aw chucks.
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; man got to tell himself he understand.

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

You're right. I should go to the emergency room on Thanksgiving and spend hundreds of dollars on an epidural. God knows no one else has experienced this before and may have helpful advice.
Quote by MakinLattes
You're right. I should go to the emergency room on Thanksgiving and spend hundreds of dollars on an epidural. God knows no one else has experienced this before and may have helpful advice.

Well what are you waiting for?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Stretching is about the best advice I can offer. Stand up, reach up as high as you can, bend over (straight legs) and touch your toes etc
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
Quote by EpiExplorer

RIP Chuck.

sounds like that guy needed some Spiritual Healing, innit
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Well what are you waiting for?

Someone who isn't a bored little bitch to reply.
Quote by MakinLattes

Well you shouldnt be so hard on yourself. You arent a bitch
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
It might be a while.

Quote by MetalMullet
Weed, man. Have you tried it?

No, it gives me panic attacks, plus I'd have to use my sink to make a gravity bong and it's currently being used to defrost a bird.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Nov 26, 2015,
Thats what I was thinking
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by MakinLattes

You're not going to find some magical UG user to fix the problems within you. Stretching and yoga's the only way to fix pinched nerves, if that's what it truly is. Otherwise, just deal with the pain, it'll pass.
Quote by Fat Lard
You're not going to find some magical UG user to fix the problems within you. Stretching and yoga's the only way to fix pinched nerves, if that's what it truly is. Otherwise, just deal with the pain, it'll pass.

This isn't my first recourse. I thought there would be a chance someone had been in a similar circumstance and might have some advice. Thanks to those who had something to contribute beyond mocking me.
it could've been worse. he could've prescribed more cowbell.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

Quote by Acϵ♠
it could've been worse. he could've prescribed more cowbell.

Excuse me sir, no trolling this is a super srs thred
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by MakinLattes
This isn't my first recourse. I thought there would be a chance someone had been in a similar circumstance and might have some advice. Thanks to those who had something to contribute beyond mocking me.

If you reread all the posts here, you'd find some insight into dealing with your problem, and your next course of action. Think of it as family banter rather than mocking
Quote by Eastwinn
ted talks make me want to die

The one she told me to watch was about how happiness can increase your productivity at work. I was told to watch it three times and internalize the message.

It was totally irrelevant.
Slap a heat/capsaicin patch on there and lie down. I get pinched nerves every so often and that's the only thing that helps. Try massaging the area gently too.

But also when I feel like I'm completely incapacitated I find it harder to motivate myself to do things, even though I am physically capable of it. So you do have to stay positive with this
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Nov 26, 2015,
Yeah pinched nerves suck. Worst thing that's ever happened to me physically. Have you been given stretches to do? I stretch twice a day and it makes it bearable. When did you injure yourself? I was in agony for the first few months but 10 months on it's a lot more manageable. Doesn't sound like your doctor was very nice to you about it... This is my experience as well. Bear in mind it's just because they don't actually know what to do. Back pain will go away or it won't. Increasing your pain tolerance is all you can really do if you're already doing all the stretches and stuff...
Page 1 of 3