Hello, I'd like to buy a guitar amp, it would be my first one, I've been playing for around 6 months so far (I used my PC as an amp). I play mostly power metal, bands like Edguy, Sonata Arctica, Freedom Call, A7x. I really love the high pitch notes. The cost propably shouldnt exceed 200$. I was thinking about Fender Mustang I V2 or Peavey Vypyr VIP 1 but I'm still not sure. I'd be glad if someone can give me any advice. Thank you.
Last edited by Readerik at Nov 26, 2015,
A7X isn't power metal.

Honestly, with a 200 buck budget, you don't have many options. I would stick to your PC and save more money up.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by dthmtl3
Peavey Vypyr VIP 2 and you're good to go.

I can't afford that one, it costs like 300$ in my country :/
When you say exceed $200 do you mean your currency or USD? Because if it's your currency, the amps at that budget won't be too tonally unique.

Your options might be a bit better if you go used, but that depends if any sort of used market exists where you're at.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
A7X isn't power metal.

Honestly, with a 200 buck budget, you don't have many options. I would stick to your PC and save more money up.

+1

TS, save a few more bucks to buy a better amp. With that budget you won't get much of an upgrade from amp sims.
Yea, either save or take a look at the Peavey Revalver 4 software. Its pretty great software with a lot of options; however, i think its pretty safe to assume you dont have a good audio interface to your computer so you probably wouldnt be able to get the most out of that either
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

Peavey VIP would be the way to go new but perhaps you could find a Vypyr which is basically the same thing used for your budget. i'd suggest the 30 watt model with a 12" speaker for best results. if not then save a little more for the VIP2 as that would be a better bet than compromisig and getting the cheaper one.