Hello! I got one of these offered to me recently, but I would like to know what is different from a regular les paul? Did they change anything major in 2008 besides the chambering?
Also, is it just a coincidence that the review on UG is 0,7 lower for it?
Play it.

If you like it, then buy it. The year really doesnt matter. A good guitar is a good guitar.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Foldageren
Can you give me some pointers at what to look for when being used gibsons?

same things you'd look at for any used guitar. check for cracks or other issues with the finish, headstock for breaks, overal condition of the frets. things like that. play it and make sure the neck agrees with you and try to hit all notes up and down the neck checking for dead spots. if you play it and like it then chances are it's a good guitar for you
Quote by Foldageren
Can you give me some pointers at what to look for when being used gibsons?

The same thing you need to look for when buying new Gibsons.

The thing with Gibson is that they can be pretty inconsistent, which gives each individual guitar it's own personality. Sometimes what one person sees as a guitar's flaw will be it's greatest asset to someone else.

Just get out there & play the guitars you're considering buying. One day you'll fall in love instantly, and when it happens you've found the guitar you need.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
If its a 2008 and is stock, it should have a 9 digit serial number (if its a 2008 it it should be like 0xxx8xxxx) with MADE IN USA 2008 impressed under the serial number.

If its a stock 2008 LP Standard it should come with a black Gibson TKL case with white lining, grover locking tuners, tonepros locking bridge and TP as well as a locking output jack. Pickups should be BB Pros.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
In 2008 Gibson came out with a Standard Plus model, sometimes referred to as an '08 even though the same appointments carried through 2009, and maybe even some early 2010 models. They are different from the standard Standards or Traditionals in that they have the appointments mentioned by H4T3BR33D3R. (What kind of name is that?? ) A couple things H4 didn't mention is that they have a rather chunky asymmetrical neck and use a PCB control board loaded with Bourns pots, and visible through a transparent tinted control cover.

These features weren't popular with a lot of LP traditionalists, so they dropped the '08 in 2010. I have one of the '08s that was made in '09. Love the guitar, but never really bonded with the BB Pros, so replaced them with Seth Lovers.