It being ironic in the sense that the situation above is not actually ironic, which makes the phrase itself ironic since you expected something ironic and got something completely different and unrelated.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
the fuckin' what?
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
I need ten thousand spoons and knives. We always have plenty of forks for some reason.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Pastafarian96 at #33701954
the fuckin' what?

1. One possible way something can be ironic when it defies expectations in a humorous or interesting fashion
2. When you sing a song called "Ironic", the audience expects the lyrics to be about something ironic
3. Ten thousand spoons when you need a knife isn't ironic, it's inconvenient and weird
4. Because the lyrics are not ironic, and therefore defy the audience's expectations in an interesting fashion, they make the song itself ironic.

I see now

I also see a total lack of irony
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
I remember this vid of some Asian ghost thingies that tried to kill a guy with a spoon.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Pastafarian96 at #33701961
I see now

I also see a total lack of irony

Which is therefore ironic

It's like a list of all lists that don't include that list

Does it include itself?

If it does include itself then it's not a list of lists without itself in it

But if it doesn't include itself then it's not a list of all lists without itself in it

If it is ironic then it's ironic because it's ironic

If it's not ironic then it's ironic because it's not ironic.

Last edited by necrosis1193 at Nov 26, 2015,
Quote by necrosis1193
1. One possible way something can be ironic when it defies expectations in a humorous or interesting fashion
2. When you sing a song called "Ironic", the audience expects the lyrics to be about something ironic
3. Ten thousand spoons when you need a knife isn't ironic, it's inconvenient and weird
4. Because the lyrics are not ironic, and therefore defy the audience's expectations in an interesting fashion, they make the song itself ironic.

so its kinda like she doesn't know she's beautiful and thats what makes her beautiful?
Quote by necrosis1193
Which is therefore ironic

It's like a list of all lists that don't include that list

Does it include itself?

If it does include itself then it's not a list of lists without itself in it

But if it doesn't include itself then it's not a list of all lists without itself in it

If it is ironic then it's ironic because it's ironic

If it's not ironic then it's ironic because it's not ironic.

If the list lists all lists but itself its still a list of all lists, since its a list!
Quote by Ssargentslayer at #33701972
so its kinda like she doesn't know she's beautiful and thats what makes her beautiful?

Or how some people don't know they're not funny and that's why they're funny.

Quote by Fat Lard at #33701996
If the list lists everything but itself its still a list of all lists, since its a list!

But the question isn't if it's a list of all lists, it's if it's a list of all list that it is not a part of. Therefore, a list that includes it would make it not that, as would a list that didn't include it.

Quote by ESPLTDV401DX
how can MIRR0RS be real if Our EYes AreN'T R3aL

Realize --> real eyez
Most of my grindcore inspiration comes from my hard drive.
Quote by kennykenny at #33702070
Realize --> real eyez

real eyes realize real lies
e-married to Jack (bladez)
Quote by eGraham
I need ten thousand spoons and knives. We always have plenty of forks for some reason.

i had these Costa Rican friends when i was younger and they used spoons for everything. only thing they ever ate with a fork was spaghetti.

weird.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If there were that many spoons surely you'd just be like fuck it a spoon will do.

Seriously. Spoons are fucking great for spreading butter.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'