so my family plays a lot of card games and we've got some classics and some we've mad

Page 1 of 2
e up or at least adapted to how we like it. we never played poker or anything growing up, mainly egyptian ratscrew, rook, scum, hearts, honey hearts, spades, five crowns, wizard, and to hell and back (but my mum always called it mormon bridge). milles bornes was used a bit, not much uno or phase 10, some canasta, a lot of shanghai rummy.

what card games do you play

i sort my hand, if it's a suit-specific game (like rook), low to high starting from the left. I don't always have a system for colours, but i always make sure (if I'm playing with face cards) that diamonds and hearts are separated by either of the black suits. i tend to have clubs on the left, spades on the right, hearts on the left, diamonds on the right, but it can change

how do you sort your cards

also i fan out my cards so the right hand side overlaps. i don't know people who do it the other way but i also tend not to play cards with left handed people
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
oh hey these thread titles again lol

go fish is GOAT fight me can't beat that elementary school shit
I friggin' love Texas Holdem. Every morning back in middle school we'd get a group of friends to bike to our buddy's house who lived nearer there ~1.5 hours earlier, and we'd play for $2, 0.10 a chip.
Five Card Draw is my personal favorite as far as poker

I'm a fan of Blackjack but am out of practice and admittedly didn't know a whole lot to begin with

Euchre is always a favorite among my family
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Baby Joel
also i fan out my cards so the right hand side overlaps. i don't know people who do it the other way but i also tend not to play cards with left handed people

OMG BABBY I WAS JUST TALKING ABOUT THIS TODAY.

I'm the only person I've ever known who naturally holds their cards "left handed"/the wrong way. It's just naturally how I do iiiiiiiiiittt, and it takes serious mental effort to hold the cards the way they're designed to be held.

If you looked at typical playing cards they actually are designed to be held a certain way and it's annoying to do it otherwise.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by MinterMan22
oh hey these thread titles again lol

go fish is GOAT fight me can't beat that elementary school shit

I'm one and one against my cousin's 5 year old this holiday so far.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I tried playing poker a while back with some friends and got bored and gave up. Not a fan of card games.

I usually get sucked into playing circle of death at parties even though I don't like the game.
As far as drinking card games, Kings is my worst enemy.

It obliterates me every time
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by eGraham

Pick a category bro
Quote by eGraham

it obliterates everyone

i think that might be the point though
It is certainly the point

It doesn't help that I never go into it sober, I've already been drinking
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

go fish
spider
rummy
jackpot / slapjack
bull-shit (bs/bluff)
texas hold em
bridge
war
speed

uno
tien ien

played a fuk ton of card games as a kid
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

hold em
blackjack
solitaire
go fish
bullshit

also play the Adventure Time Card Wars game or Magic with my cousin and he kicks my ass every fucking time.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
the austro-hungarian version of tarok is objectively the single best card game and i pity every poor soul born outside of central and se europe just for not ever getting to play it

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
I was the king of mormon bridge
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Mainly play with cousins but Scopa and especially Briscolla (I think thats how u spell them)

Also play bullshit, Blackjack, texas hold em. Love bullshit but I'm shit at it cause I can never keep a straight face
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
We play a variation of Switch.

Each player is dealt 7 cards. The remainder go face down as a pool to draw from, with the top card then turned to face up as the starting card.

The player to the left of the dealer plays first. You have to play the same suit or rank as the last card that was played. You can put down cards in runs so long as they run in rank order (up or down) or are the same rank but different suits.

The winner is the first person to get rid of all their cards. They have to say "last card" when on their last card and "out" when they are out.

The rank of cards is as follows

A 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 J Q K

Power cards

A - pick up 4 cards from the pool unless you have an Ace yourself or a 2 of the same suit
2 - pick up 2 cards from the pool unless you have a 2 yourself or an Ace of the same suit
7 - change direction
8 - skip the next player
10 - put down all cards of the same suit as the 10, runs can be built from the last card used of the suit
J - can be placed over any card, except to stop an A or a 2, regardless of suit. Player chooses the next suit. Can't be used to build a run.

In school we used to play shithead, blackjack, asshole, scabby queen, bullshit and go fish.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Last edited by Blayney at Nov 27, 2015,
I play the new game of thrones card game.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11 at #33702566
I play the new game of thrones card game.

is it every time you draw a card someone gets murdered
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

me and my gf play cards all the time, we play rummy and a few others i can't remember the name of
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by Trowzaa
is it every time you draw a card someone gets murdered

Not necessarily.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
my family used to play loads of Uno too, we had the one that spins, and my cousins had the one that shot cards at you they were a laugh
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by Neo Evil11
Not necessarily.

Sometimes they get raped instead?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
my family plays Cards Against Humanity. there's this French game called Mille Bornes that's pretty funny.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by lordofthefood1
my family plays Cards Against Humanity. there's this French game called Mille Bornes that's pretty funny.

Forgot about cards against humanity. My sister always insists that we play that with our friends. She is the only one that still likes it lol
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Page 1 of 2