Title basically says it all. I'm going to get the chance to try this bad boy out in a couple of weeks when my local supplier restocks on them, only thing I'm skeptical about is the fact that it's made in Indonesia (which from my experience isn't all that competent with guitar manufacturing). What I'm asking is, is there anyone who has the 2015 version of this guitar, because I cannot find reviews of this anywhere for the life of me.
Quote by lmaoioan
only thing I'm skeptical about is the fact that it's made in Indonesia (which from my experience isn't all that competent with guitar manufacturing).

Its not the country of origin that denotes how well a guitar is made. Its the factory within that country that matters.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Its not the country of origin that denotes how well a guitar is made. Its the factory within that country that matters.

yeah G&L makes import guitars thre which are highly regarded. often when a country first starts to make guitars they have issues but after the first year or two it usually settles down.
Glad to hear that. Will try to be more open minded as of next time. Although the topic at hand is still a 'review' of sorts from a person who has had a 1 on 1 with the guitar.
The MII jem is so overpriced... save up and buy a used 7v instead. You won't regret it. The Jem7v is the best guitar I've ever played and the Indonesian attempts don't even come close...
~3.6 billion years of evolutionary progress have led to this post~
Quote by lmaoioan
Title basically says it all. I'm going to get the chance to try this bad boy out in a couple of weeks when my local supplier restocks on them, only thing I'm skeptical about is the fact that it's made in Indonesia (which from my experience isn't all that competent with guitar manufacturing). What I'm asking is, is there anyone who has the 2015 version of this guitar, because I cannot find reviews of this anywhere for the life of me.

Your own in person review is going to be worth a lot more than any online review.

Indonesian factories *can* do a great job with guitar manufacturing; a lot depends on what their clients order and what price they're being paid. When Japan first started building guitars, the results were decried as japanese junk. Later Korea got the same reputation, but again, it was early in their guitar-building history. It's difficult to shake first impressions, but Indonesia's doing it as well.
Quote by dspellman
Your own in person review is going to be worth a lot more than any online review.

Indonesian factories *can* do a great job with guitar manufacturing; a lot depends on what their clients order and what price they're being paid. When Japan first started building guitars, the results were decried as japanese junk. Later Korea got the same reputation, but again, it was early in their guitar-building history. It's difficult to shake first impressions, but Indonesia's doing it as well.

yup play it yourself and see what YOU think as you are the one buying it and spending the money. i have played them and personally thought tthey weren't bad. having said that they really aren't my type of guitar. what specs are you looking for? with that info perhaps some other options in your price range could be recommended. options are always good.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

This is pretty critical. It's not dissimilar from most things - quality isn't regional - it's location specific.

As for the suggestion to 'just look for a used xxxxx,' I'd venture a guess that the guy probably doesn't have the option to just go to a shop and look used, or scrounge the papers and want-ads. It's always better to put your hands on the guitar first, but it's also not an option for everyone. My bit of advice with buying online - even new and especially used - is to do it from a legit store that offers a solid return/refund policy. I've had guitars show up at my door beautifully and in perfect playing shape right out of the box, and I've had guitars show up with half the frets lifted enough off the board I could slide a pick under them. It's a big gamble every time, so just make sure you have a good recourse if it goes bad.

“We’re built of contradictions, all of us. It’s those opposing forces that give us strength, like an arch, each block pressing the next. Give me a man whose parts are all aligned in agreement and I’ll show you madness. We walk a narrow path, insanity to each side. A man without contradictions to balance him will soon veer off.”

silentfall.bandcamp.com