Hi guys,

I wanted to upgrade my guitar as a gift for myself, this Diwali festival here in India. So I headed over to the shops where in I came across this guitar, CORT Earth Grand CF OP.

It's tone won my heart amongst all the other guitars I tried and I bought it too. I thought of checking that out over the internet, BUT I COULDNT FIND THE EXACT SAME GUITAR ANYWHERE EXCEPT for this review here (which is a review from Thailand)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlvNP6xVNtw

How is this even possible? Why cant I find it on any online stores/Review websites/ Youtube/ or even the official CORT WEBSITE?

Have I stumbled upon a discarded model which was buried ages ago, or a dupe may be (whose tone is very good I admit)?

I bought it from a 'Reynold's inc.' stores which is an authorized distributer. Still how could there be absolutely nothing about it over internet?

Kindly, help me to find an answer. Cheers!

Please find images here,

Last edited by thunderstorm29 at Nov 28, 2015,
Everything on it, from what I can tell, looks legitimate. Quick internet searching makes it appear that it's mostly available in Asian markets.

Basically it's just a slightly modified version of their standard Earth Grand. Their Earth Grand already is an "OP" (for Open Pore), and then yours is also "CF." The C is for cutaway, and the F is for Fishman, as in the EQ and electronics that are installed in it.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by thunderstorm29
Hi guys,

I wanted to upgrade my guitar as a gift for myself, this Diwali festival here in India. So I headed over to the shops where in I came across this guitar, CORT Earth Grand CF OP.

It's tone won my heart amongst all the other guitars I tried and I bought it too. I thought of checking that out over the internet, BUT I COULDNT FIND THE EXACT SAME GUITAR ANYWHERE EXCEPT for this review here (which is a review from Thailand)

How is this even possible? Why cant I find it on any online stores/Review websites/ Youtube/ or even the official CORT WEBSITE?

Have I stumbled upon a discarded model which was buried ages ago, or a dupe may be (whose tone is very good I admit)?

I bought it from a 'Reynold's inc.' stores which is an authorized distributer. Still how could there be absolutely nothing about it over internet?

Please find images here,

Hi, Very easy. Go to Cort Guitars.com and you will find all the info you need.
Regards
Norman2
It's also possible the model number of the guitar could have been an OEM run done for a specific vendor.

Although granted, special model numbers like that, usually do show up in searches,
Quote by thunderstorm29
Hi guys,

Please find images here,

Hi... That guitar is legit... They still produce that guitar at least in my country (CORT has a factory in indonesia). And the earth series are one of Their masterpiece... You can register your guitar on Cort guitars website using it's serial number to see if it's a fake or not... Hope that help
Cort is a great import guitar. I had a few over the years and gave one to my son who, I believe, still plays one...
Quote by avankai
Hi... That guitar is legit... They still produce that guitar at least in my country (CORT has a factory in indonesia). And the earth series are one of Their masterpiece... You can register your guitar on Cort guitars website using it's serial number to see if it's a fake or not... Hope that help

Thank you very much for your reply. Registered my product on CORT website without any hassle. Also happy that CORT still manufactures this.

I'm now free from a big burden and can focus on playing finally. Thank you very much.