Page 1 of 2
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/2015/11/27/ff579e40-9543-11e5-b5e4-279b4501e8a6_story.html

A suspect is in police custody following an hours-long shooting standoff at a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado Springs, where at least one police officer and two civilians were killed Friday.

“The perpetrator is in custody,” Mayor John Suthers declared just after 5 p.m. Mountain time — more than five hours after an active shooter was first reported at the health-care clinic, spawning confusion that lasted through the afternoon over whether the gunman was at large or holed up at the medical facility with staff and patients.

The suspect was identified by the Colorado Springs Police Department as Robert L. Dear. Police were trying to determine his motive after his capture at the clinic. They said the suspect was armed with a long gun and also brought into the building several “items” that could have been explosive devices.

Besides the three deaths, at least four other police officers and five civilians were injured. *Authorities said those individuals were all in good condition.

The University of Colorado at Colorado Springs said the officer killed was Garrett Swasey, 44, who had been with the campus police department for six years and responded to the initial reports of an active shooter.

Health centers associated with Planned Parenthood have been the target of threats and violence because of the organization’s role in providing abortions and lobbying for reproductive rights. Abortion rights groups say threats against abortion providers rose sharply this summer in the wake of an undercover “sting” mounted by an antiabortion group that filmed one of its videos at a clinic in Denver.

At least four Planned Parenthood clinics have been targeted with arson since the videos were released. The increase in threats has led abortion rights groups to increase cooperation with local police and the FBI.

An assumably pro-life person kills other people. Sigh.

inb4 UK posters make this a gun debate
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Do we really need a thread every time someone shoots up some people? It's just kind of depressing at this point. It's not like spreading the word is going to make it stop.
Most pro-lifers are idiots. A couple of them being so hypocritical that they're killers doesn't surprise me.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by JustRooster
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/2015/11/27/ff579e40-9543-11e5-b5e4-279b4501e8a6_story.html

If only the foetuses had guns.

but also someone on facebook raised the good point that there's no way this will be reported as Christian extremism.
" 'We're pro-life. ಠ_ಠ' Eww, you look it! You look like you're filled with life."

-Bill Hicks
The labels seem stupid to me, as I'm pro-life and pro-choice.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Question for the pro-lifers - do they use antibiotics?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by JustRooster at #33703927

still gonna

http://newsthump.com/2015/11/28/good-guy-with-a-gun-fails-to-prevent-2708th-successive-mass-shooting/

America is beginning to wonder precisely when a good guy with a gun is actually going to prevent a mass shooting.

The good guy with a gun has been cited as an effective deterrent against firearm homicide, but has thus far failed to save any of the 174,000 Americans killed by firearms since 2000.

With another three dead and eleven wounded this morning, some Americans have started to wonder where the heck this good guy actually is.

Some dissenting voices have begun to question if he even exists.

However, NRA spokesman Simon-Bob Williams insisted the strategy was sound.

“If fewer people were armed we’d actually have more mass shootings, not less”, he told us, with his eyes pointing in different directions.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

its satire m8, it's not meant to be serious
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by slapsymcdougal

Seems unbiased.

It's a website openly dedicated to posting news stories that justify gun ownership, and you are surprised that it's unbiased?
Quote by bradulator
It's a website openly dedicated to posting news stories that justify gun ownership, and you are surprised that it's unbiased?

I'll assume this is a typo.
Quote by Diemon Dave
2015 was actually 2014

how ironic
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Question for the pro-lifers - do they use antibiotics?

That's the type of comment I would expect from one of the shitposters...surely you're not in contention for the title?
Charles Darwin
tbh this just proves my point from that refugee thread

if americans wanted to make sure they were safe from terrorists they'd be better off getting rid of dem pesky white males
Quote by Arby911
That's the type of comment I would expect from one of the shitposters...surely you're not in contention for the title?

Of all the things that can be won in the Pit, that's one of the few things I'm in with a shot at.
Quote by Diemon Dave
That's horrible.
Quote by Arby911
The labels seem stupid to me, as I'm pro-life and pro-choice.

This is interesting. How so?
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
That's horrible.

This is interesting. How so?

I'm pro-life in that I want people to make the necessary decisions prior to conception, so each pregnancy is a wanted pregnancy and abortion largely becomes a non-issue. I'm pro-choice because I believe that women should have the right to choose, at least up to a reasonable point.

In short I don't support abortion, but I acknowledge it and won't support total elimination of it either.

I'm sure some will pick that apart but it's how I feel.
Charles Darwin
Abortion is bad. Everything that would happen if abortion were illegal would be way worse. Therefore I am pro-choice.
Quote by Arby911
I'm pro-life in that I want people to make the necessary decisions prior to conception, so each pregnancy is a wanted pregnancy and abortion largely becomes a non-issue. I'm pro-choice because I believe that women should have the right to choose, at least up to a reasonable point.

In short I don't support abortion, but I acknowledge it and won't support total elimination of it either.

Thanks for explaining
Quote by Arby911

This is perhaps the most reasonable stance I've encountered; I definitely agree.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by Banjocal
Most pro-lifers are idiots. A couple of them being so hypocritical that they're killers doesn't surprise me.

You said it, not me. I just thought it pretty much in those words.

Allegedly he announced "no more baby parts" before doing it. Fiorina better get grilled for this.

Have we mentioned how white guy was apprehended instead of shot numerous times unlike black kid with a knife who was not within arm's reach of anyone? (if this thread wasn't controversial enough)
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz

Have we mentioned how white guy was apprehended instead of shot numerous times unlike black kid with a knife who was not within arm's reach of anyone? (if this thread wasn't controversial enough)

True they probably were instructed to not fire as much at him or something because he's white

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/28/us/colorado-planned-parenthood-shooting.html

Quote by snipelfritz

Shocking news for idiots on the internet: not everything is comparable to every other thing
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Arby911 at #33704681

yea
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Dreadnought
Shocking news for idiots on the internet: not everything is comparable to every other thing

Shocking news for slightly smarter idiots on the internet: people are dumber than you think

Quote by JustRooster

the irony taste ironyny
SANDBLAST YOURSELF.

Quote by i_lovemetallica
If you think Gollum was sober with his whole "Gollum/Smeagol" thing and thinking he was invisible with the ring, then you need to remove the cotton wool from your eyes.

Wake up sheeple.

Sunaj
Quote by Banjocal

Gold, There always one that ruins game night.
SANDBLAST YOURSELF.

Quote by i_lovemetallica
If you think Gollum was sober with his whole "Gollum/Smeagol" thing and thinking he was invisible with the ring, then you need to remove the cotton wool from your eyes.

Wake up sheeple.

Sunaj
I wasn't one of the people shot, guys, don't worry.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Banjocal

nerd spot is tingling
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by ehbacon
well this shouldn't turn into a Pro life vs. Pro choice thing, because 0.000001% of pro lifers did this.

It's funny because this is the argument for gun owners as well.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Page 1 of 2