obviously new star wars movie (and 3 prequels for that matter) is based on an older storyline of some book series. what i want to know is, what is that series? i realize there are a million different subplot lines and whatnot for every character/movie/timeline blah blah, but I cant seem to decipher which damn books are old school legit movie canon, and which ones are just "in between" plot
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
When Disney bought Lucas everything from the EU was declared non-cannon. The new movie isn't going to be based on anything pre-existing. The same was the case with the prequels, the books were written after the movies to make everything fit together. The SW movies are the core of everything, and all of the other media is built around them.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Quote by Reisgar42
When Disney bought Lucas everything from the EU was declared non-cannon. The new movie isn't going to be based on anything pre-existing. The same was the case with the prequels, the books were written after the movies to make everything fit together. The SW movies are the core of everything, and all of the other media is built around them.

Actually, the EU remains canon, but as "Star Wars Legends" status, which means they're kind of like 'based on real events' TV movies.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Is it me or are things getting a little NERDY in here?
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line