Im looking at either the Duncan Sh-4 or Sh-5 for a crunchy thrash tone. Im wanting something that will have a good amount of treble crunch but also have the bass punch to equal it out.
Ive tried the super distortion in the past, its got a shit ton of bass for what im looking for but it is a good sounding pickup none the less
Quote by darkwolf291
I LOVE the DiMarzio Super Distortion for thrash

+1 they are damn hard to beat for thrash.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
The SH-5 is a better choice than the SH-4, which is more of an 80s hard rock pickup. You might also like the Pegasus for old school thrash. That would be my pick.
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
Duncan Distortion would be my choice for a thrash pickup.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
What's your guitar and amp? The options already listed are spot on but I like having these details to give a precise, nitpicky suggestion
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Im putting the pickup in a Gibson V with 2 volumes and no tone going through a Peavey 6505+ combo with a BBE sonic stomp and a MXR 10 band going in the loop to make the thing not sound like absolute shit
If your V has a 500T in it, that should be hot enough for thrash action. Not sure you need the BBE or the 10 band to do thrash metal. Crunch Channel with a boost from a tubescreamer type pedal should be more than sufficient.

An upgrade to the speaker in your 6505+ combo might be a better investment. A G12T75 or Vintage 30 would be a good upgrade.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
^^I can help you make it sound even less like shit if you don't mind doing some easy mods. In fact, it'll sound amazing, like it's supposed to.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
And the reason I need the bbe and the mxr is because without them the amp sounds like it has a really thick pillow covering the speaker. Pretty much all bass.
The last time I retubed was about a month ago and I have tried other guitars. Ive seen a lot of other people having the same problems with it. So I dunno.
I'd say Duncan Distortions
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Are you running a boost in front of it? It shouldn't sound that muffled/muddy, even with the stock speaker. Though it is a muddy speaker. What are your settings? I've never seen a need for a Sonic Stomp on mine. The MXR is very nice to have in the loop though.
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Im not boosting it and ive tried a shit load of settings throughout the past couple of years and without those pedals its crap
Well I would try boosting it for starters. That's the only way I play mine. Any OD pedal will do. Put it in front of the amp (not in the loop), set the gain on the pedal to zero, level to max, tone to taste (probably above halfway though). Next, turn your pre-gain down to "3" and go from there. You probably won't need much, if any more gain than that.

After that, get rid of the stock shifty speaker and replace it with a Vintage 30 or a clone of it. Eminence makes the Governor and Wgs makes the Veteran 30. Any of those would give you more upper-mid grind and tighten up your bass. And they'd all sound 10x better than the stock POS.
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
BBE sonic maximizers do more harm than good to a amp rig. i have owned one, it was a mistake. i also had a 10 band. it is a pretty handy piece of kit, but its not really a necessity.

IMO a boost is pretty much NECESSARY for most metal or rock rigs.

sounds like either your amp is dialed in poorly or it may have a problem.

if you have the stock speaker, burn the damn thing. they are terrible. look for a V30 or V30a-like and it will make a HUGE difference. i personally like the k85's/k110's with it better though, but either way is a huge improvement.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
You said thrash so EMG 81/85 pickups immediately came to mind. But you said passive so I opted for the ones that sound like EMGs the most but are passive, which according to my research, are the DiMarzio D-Activators.
^^I think that a change in pickups is not going to solve TS's problems.
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood