Well i was just wondering, did any band or an artist ever helped you emotionally or in some way when you were somehow stuck in life ? For me through life the songs/artists that had the biggest impact on me are probably Cage The Elephant - Shake me down/Cigarette Daydreams... Smashing Pumpkins Disarm/Today... Of Monsters And Men (kinda weird since i dont listen this type of music usually) and a local band of mine NLV - My Funeral (give this guys a listen... they are amazing) And the most amazing thing is that these songs that affected you never get old or boring, i dont know if it is just me so i was wondering... did anyone experience this too ?
Last edited by markoizjaske at Nov 30, 2015,
Muse. its the reason why I picked up the guitar and the reason why I had something else than staring at walls all the day during my major depression. also the reason why I found this shithole. Thanks muse.
Alter Bridge. First proper band I saw live, one of the best nights of my life, and their music has helped me through a lot of dark places
The original version of Ride Into The Sun by the Velvet Underground kept me from killing myself.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Never needed music to "help through the dark times" but I lived and breathed Bach for a few years.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
A wank usually helps me during 'hard' times.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by korinaflyingv
The new Tame Impala really helped me through my latest rough patch. Beautiful stuff real top notch. Voice of a generation.

not really sure what i did to deserve the sass but ok
Quote by bradulator
When my life was real shitty I listened to country music 24/7

Now I listen to it for fun

If it was contemporary country...that is why you felt like shit

Old timey stuff...that's another story. I HOPE that is the kind you are listening to.
Quote by Jon777
all of that melodramatic post-rock shit i love so much

Pretty much this. When I was mega depressed like 3-4 years ago, I really got into Joy Division/The Cure etc. Now I still really enjoy without any of the moodiness.

Still kind of want to get a tat of the Unknown Pleasures album cover art.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
@ tobusrex - click the spoiler for a pleasant surprise
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Last edited by Pastafarian96 at Dec 1, 2015,
ive watched that like 5 times but ill still watch it every time i see it anywhere
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Psyched to Die

for when you're depressed, but you don't want sad songs.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
No such thing.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
A wank usually helps me during 'hard' times.
lol
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7YJHct_V0Y

this whole album. it's a top tier break-up album fo sho

Arrrghghhhh fuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu why did I listen?!???!!

Music that has helped...

Helped!? Music that matches with what you're feeling, or that has helped you make that feeling go away?
Quote by LivinJoke84
I cant be naked. I have a huge fear of leaving a stain wherever i sit. Especially if its really warm
Last edited by Phazon at Dec 1, 2015,
Quote by Bladez22
Alter Bridge. First proper band I saw live, one of the best nights of my life, and their music has helped me through a lot of dark places

This. The AB3 album got me through a very dark time in my life.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by markoizjaske
Well i was just wondering, did any band or an artist ever helped you emotionally or in some way when you were somehow stuck in life ? For me through life the songs/artists that had the biggest impact on me are probably Cage The Elephant - Shake me down/Cigarette Daydreams... Smashing Pumpkins Disarm/Today... Of Monsters And Men (kinda weird since i dont listen this type of music usually) and a local band of mine NLV - My Funeral (give this guys a listen... they are amazing) And the most amazing thing is that these songs that affected you never get old or boring, i dont know if it is just me so i was wondering... did anyone experience this too ?

Pantera is the reason I am playing guitar, and lamb of god is the reason im still breathing, say what you will about music but it is a really good feeling nailing a song you love on guitar, its a great way to heal depression.
SANDBLAST YOURSELF.

Quote by i_lovemetallica
If you think Gollum was sober with his whole "Gollum/Smeagol" thing and thinking he was invisible with the ring, then you need to remove the cotton wool from your eyes.

Wake up sheeple.

Sunaj
Quote by bradulator
When my life was real shitty I listened to country music 24/7

Now I listen to it for fun

hahaha, you rule.
SANDBLAST YOURSELF.

Quote by i_lovemetallica
If you think Gollum was sober with his whole "Gollum/Smeagol" thing and thinking he was invisible with the ring, then you need to remove the cotton wool from your eyes.

Wake up sheeple.

Sunaj
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUC6sAXza_k

honestly anything i listened to in middleschool was my depression helper

bands like deftones, korn, tool, SOAD, chevelle, etc
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1x8q64NXxA

its kinda grounding when you find music that has portrayed how you feel emotionally
Quote by slafoo
Lol I love the fact you use the word majestic to describe titties... it's as if there are hundreds of titties majestically frollocking in a meadow somewhere *drifts off*
royal blood's album (specifically the track "out of the black") helped me get through a rough spot where i cut ties with someone who meant a lot to me but treated me horribly. it helped to validate that i had a reason to be angry/hurt/unforgiving, and it helped to manage the guilt i felt over breaking things off... the album was the start of a better chapter
Last edited by ThatCanadianKid at Dec 1, 2015,
My situations have not been so dire, nor have the songs been so unique. Probably one of the most "helpful" songs for me has been AC/DC's Down Payment Blues. Old song but I sing it every time I pay the bills at the end of the month.