Poll: Do you live in a third world country?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you live in a third world country?
Kinda, I live in America
18 41%
Yes, I live in a third world country
8 18%
No, I live in Europe.
18 41%
Voters: 44.
Page 1 of 4
this thread is now about beautiful scenery where you live
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Dec 1, 2015,
I live in a 3rd world country where I can get hospital treatment for free without stealing a rich person's identity.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
How is living in America a good thing?
SANDBLAST YOURSELF.

Quote by i_lovemetallica
If you think Gollum was sober with his whole "Gollum/Smeagol" thing and thinking he was invisible with the ring, then you need to remove the cotton wool from your eyes.

Wake up sheeple.

Sunaj
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I live in a 3rd world country where I can get hospital treatment for free without stealing a rich person's identity.

I live in a 1st world country where I can get the finest medical treatment available because I have excellent insurance...

Quote by nanna_guy414
How is living in America a good thing?

I'd post a list, but the character limit they impose here isn't nearly large enough to allow me to be comprehensive and I don't want to fill up the thread.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Dec 1, 2015,
lol like the us is not a 3 world country compared to western europe
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Yugoslavia was a third world country.

The term Third World arose during the Cold War to define countries that remained non-aligned with either NATO, or the Communist Bloc.

I wish Slovenia still was, joining NATO was a panic move that should've been reversed a long time ago.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by the bartender
lol like the us is not a 3 world country compared to western europe

Yes dear, the world's single largest national economy and military superpower is a 3rd world nation.
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911 at #33709007
Yes dear, the world's single largest national economy and military superpower is a 3rd world nation.

Well at least you admit it
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Americans are generally the best at loving their country.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by JamSessionFreak
Yugoslavia was a third world country.

I wish Slovenia still was, joining NATO was a panic move that should've been reversed a long time ago.

Easy to say during a relatively peaceful time, eh?
Charles Darwin
Quote by theguitarist

Can't disagree. I also don't see it as the negative that it's often portrayed as by people with little to be proud of...
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911

Yup, it's a shithole unless you're well on to the right hand side of the earnings curve.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by theguitarist at #33709011

Fine line between patriotism and nationalism
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Arby911
Easy to say during a relatively peaceful time, eh?

We joined it in a peaceful time as well, 2004. We've never gained anything from it, except being dragged down into your idiotic wars.

To think that we actually sent soldiers to Afghanistan...

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Thanks to the power hungry technocrats in BRUSSELS this damn country will soon be a third world country

/anygeertwildersfollower
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by StewieSwan
who's the bitch mod

It wasn't me because I'm an American.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
in typical European fashion a mod abused power to change the poll options rather than letting the people decide
Quote by StewieSwan
in typical European fashion a mod abused power to change the poll options rather than letting the people decide

It will lead to a decisive vote for 3rd world, though, because penis poll.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Yup, it's a shithole unless you're well on to the right hand side of the earnings curve.

Utter nonsense. Our "poverty line" is 8 times higher than the global average income and only comprises 14.5% of our population. We can do better, but pretending we aren't doing well is a specious exercise in self-delusion. No nation that has a preponderance of fat "poor people" with cell phones and flat screen TV's should be considered an economic shithole.

Quote by JamSessionFreak
We joined it in a peaceful time as well, 2004. We've never gained anything from it, except being dragged down into your idiotic wars.

To think that we actually sent soldiers to Afghanistan...

Perhaps the people running things there have more foresight than you?
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Utter nonsense. Our "poverty line" is 8 times higher than the global average income and only comprises 14.5% of our population. We can do better, but pretending we aren't doing well is a specious exercise in self-delusion. No nation that has a preponderance of fat "poor people" with cell phones and flat screen TV's should be considered an economic shithole.

I didn't say it was an economic shithole. Just a shithole.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by Arby911

Perhaps the people running things there have more foresight than you?

The 'major players' who were pushing for it at the time have since come out to say that it was a bad idea and should be reversed.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I didn't say it was an economic shithole. Just a shithole.

You specifically mentioned the earnings curve.

Quote by JamSessionFreak
The 'major players' who were pushing for it at the time have since come out to say that it was a bad idea and should be reversed.

So what's stopping them? It's not like NATO particularly needs you?

So bail out.

And practice saluting Putin's picture.

Don't worry, he'll get there eventually, I just want you to be ready. Pucker up, buttercup!
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911

Yes, which is representative of personal wealth, and illustrative of the glaring inequality that exists within the country, with the poorest being comprehensively shat on by everyone else.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by Arby911

So what's stopping them? It's not like NATO particularly needs you?

So bail out.

And practice saluting Putin's picture.

Don't worry, he'll get there eventually, I just want you to be ready. Pucker up, buttercup!

Them specifically? One of them is dead, the other is old and senile.

Us? The EU. Plus it's not like the government would even listen if the demand was ever made, they know where the sweet, sweet €€€ is coming from.

We had a petition to disband the military a few years ago, it gained a bunch of signatures but the gov't acted like it doesn't exist. I don't blame them honestly, we're a puppet state more or less. EU say, Slovenia do.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by JamSessionFreak

Us? The EU. Plus it's not like the government would even listen if the demand was ever made, they know where the sweet, sweet €€€ is coming from.

We had a petition to disband the military a few years ago, it gained a bunch of signatures but the gov't acted like it doesn't exist. I don't blame them honestly, we're a puppet state more or less. EU say, Slovenia do.

As I said, Perhaps the people running things there have more foresight than you do?

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Yes, which is representative of personal wealth, and illustrative of the glaring inequality that exists within the country, with the poorest being comprehensively shat on by everyone else.

Blah blah blah, as noted even our poor do better than most of the rest of the world.
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
As I said, Perhaps the people running things there have more foresight than you do?

Nah, not a chance

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by JamSessionFreak

The funny thing is that every country in the EU blames the external EU for things. Yet somehow the EU makes those decisions, the collection of prime ministers usually. Which means some of our PMs or MPs should be voting in favour of the things the people are bitching about.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Arby911

Blah blah blah, as noted even our poor do better than most of the rest of the world.

Yea, they're fat, unhealthy and watch TV all day.

Living the life, right?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal

Living the life, right?

you do realize that the UK has a worse obesity problem than several US states, yeah?
Quote by slapsymcdougal

Living the life, right?

Given the number of people that apply to immigrate every year (and the number that don't bother and just come) I guess they don't see it as the failure that you do?

Of course if they have been working their ass off every day and still don't have enough food or shelter, much less entertainment, I can see why they might feel like that.
Charles Darwin
Quote by StewieSwan
you do realize that the UK has a worse obesity problem than several US states, yeah?

several out of 50

Yup, that makes a difference.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by Neo Evil11
The funny thing is that every country in the EU blames the external EU for things. Yet somehow the EU makes those decisions, the collection of prime ministers usually. Which means some of our PMs or MPs should be voting in favour of the things the people are bitching about.

I think we're a special case in this, we seem to follow EU regulations much more than most other countries.

I mean obviously it's still up to the government to have the final say in things and they are very talented at making the final say very shitty but I also don't remember the last time this final say was against EU regulations. Again, I don't blame them that much because we just don't have the 'leverage' to 'go our own way'.

Next elections should be interesting though. The nationalist party might get back into parliament after a shitload of time because of its anti-EU sentiment alone. The Modern Center Party seems to be losing support for the same reason, though I wouldn't be surprised if people still vote for it out of strategic reasons. United Left support seems to be incredibly high (for a strong left party) and they've already said that they have no problem with leaving the EU if the nation showed support.

I doubt they'll actually do anything but I'm interested in what the prevailing rhetoric will be with the new government, regardless of who actually wins.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at Dec 1, 2015,
Quote by theguitarist

And their sisters.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
several out of 50

Agreed, we have an obesity problem, even among our poor. Inexpensive food and plenty of leisure time will do that...
Charles Darwin
Quote by slapsymcdougal
several out of 50

my point is that from my perspective, you guys are the fatties
Quote by JamSessionFreak
I think we're a special case in this, we seem to follow EU regulations much more than most other countries.

I mean obviously it's still up to the government to have the final say in things and they are very talented at making the final say very shitty but I also don't remember the last time this final say was against EU regulations. Again, I don't blame them that much because we just don't have the 'leverage' to 'go our own way'.

Next elections should be interesting though. The nationalist party might get back into parliament after a shitload of time because of its anti-EU sentiment alone. The Modern Center Party seems to be losing support for the same reason, though I wouldn't be surprised if people still vote for it out of strategic reasons. United Left support seems to be incredibly high (for a strong left party) and they've already said that they have no problem with leaving the EU if the nation showed support.

I doubt they'll actually do anything but I'm interested in what the prevailing rhetoric will be with the new government, regardless of who actually wins.

It is not like anyone in the EU will miss Slovenia lol. Rest of the countries will just massively increase the costs of your leaving to deter other countries for doing the same.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by StewieSwan
my point is that from my perspective, you guys are the fatties

Your perspective is mostly obscured by a belly liberally srpinkled with Cheetos dust.

Quote by Diemon Dave
Page 1 of 4