Hey everyone, ive not played any guitar for about 5 years. Looking for a new guitar to get back in to it. Managed to get hold of a cheap pod xt and ive got a blackstar ht1.

Im in England
My budget is £100 - £160
I play Metallica, muse, rhcp, fall out boy, slayer,
I dont want a trem or FR
Strung threw body would be great
Im likely to replace pups down the line

So far ive been looking at some of gear for musics own models and the squire affinity hss strat and a hofner shorty (because I do travel)

Thanks
If I missed any info you need just say
What does your used market look like?

My initial thought is a Jackson Dinky - I normally don't recommend the JS series but if you have to buy new that may be the best you can get in budget. The JS32TQ. Just buy from a place that has a good return policy in case you don't get a good one.

If you can buy used you get way better value for your money.

Also if new look into the ESP/LTD - highest number you can afford. M, MH, and H are the superstrat shapes.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
What about Gumtree? Often worth checking for guitar stuff.

I think LTD would definitely be worth looking at but I'm not certain about what they have at those prices.

Gear4Music I really wouldn't recommend, Squier have some great stuff higher up but in my experience the Affinities are average for the money and wouldn't necessarily cover the thrash metal convincingly.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Dec 1, 2015,
I still say try used.

There are a number of Japanese-made brands from the 80s that are undervalued and might be in your price range. A lot of them have tremolo, but I'm sure some had fixed bridges.
Bernie Sanders for President!
Get on eBay and look for some LTDs.This time of year you will probably get lucky.

That seems OK to me its more or less in your budget and if you don't stick to it you could get at least £120 for it if you move it on.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ESP-Ltd-H-51-Electric-Guitar-Used-Electric-Blue-/171913098128?hash=item2806d1b390:g:mSgAAOSwjVVV4vNO
Last edited by smittyanthrax at Dec 1, 2015,
thanks for the advice everyone, in the end i went with the Ibanez GRG121DX-SLS. it fits what im after. ill let you know how it turns out
Quote by acruisey
Hey everyone, ive not played any guitar for about 5 years. Looking for a new guitar to get back in to it. Managed to get hold of a cheap pod xt and ive got a blackstar ht1.

Im in England
My budget is £100 - £160
I play Metallica, muse, rhcp, fall out boy, slayer,
I dont want a trem or FR
Strung threw body would be great
Im likely to replace pups down the line

So far ive been looking at some of gear for musics own models and the squire affinity hss strat and a hofner shorty (because I do travel)

Thanks
If I missed any info you need just say

Ok well I would say that with this wide range of music (I do the same thing, into muse and slayer so hurrah) I would say get the Schecter C-1 Special (thats the cheaper one). While it does have two humbuckers, it can play quite clean if you really wanted to go there, but even muse has some distortion on there, which the guitar can perfectly handle. I've played metallica and slayer live with that, and also Stones and i think i even did some hair metal with it. Anyways, i think its like 130 pounds or something cheap like that, but I dont know if they actually produce them anymore. Schecter is kinda more underground, so I'm not making any promises. It has a bolt on neck, but i haven't had a problem with it ever so im fine with it. Anyways, cheers and have fun looking.
Last edited by dabdabtheduck at Dec 2, 2015,