What the? I suppose you already have copyright to your own creations. You don't need any kind of certificate for that?
Hi got told to put it in an envelope cellar tape it up post it to my address then keep it safe as it would have the date stamp from the post office I'm from UK
Some Web site s say you need to have writing certificate wonder if it's a con where you pay for licence certificate etc then they get you to pay the copywriter etc
Quote by jacksun1987
Some Web site s say you need to have writing certificate wonder if it's a con where you pay for licence certificate etc then they get you to pay the copywriter etc

no you don't need any certificate or to pay anything for copyrights as soon as you record something you have copyright on it, not sure how it's done if it's lyrics only thoug
but sending to yourself the song would work as a proof if someone was to steal from you..
Not experienced on this thoug I'd like to know more about it myself
Quote by jacksun1987
Hi got told to put it in an envelope cellar tape it up post it to my address then keep it safe as it would have the date stamp from the post office I'm from UK

I got told to do this and it is widely excepted as a registration of date etc from post mark. From UK also.
If you join the PRS or the musicians union you can register your songs with them. They also insure your gear and provide legal support should you need it.