Hi guys,

Right now i play on a Aguilar Tone Hammer 500(top), wich is connected to one Fender Rumble 410 v3 cabinet, i'm thinking about adding another 410 rumble cab, but i'm not sure if it will work ?

Specs:

Aguilar Tonehammer 500(amplifier/top) -
Power Output: 500 watts into 4 ohms, 250 watts into 8 ohms

Fender Rumble 410 cabinet -
Impedance: 8 ohms / Power Handling: 1000 watts (Program), 500 watts (Continuous) Handling Capability

i have been reading and trying to understand a little bit about how ohm's work but i dont really understand it yet
2 8 ohm cabs in parallel is 4 ohms. Parallel means at some point one line from the amp splits off into two, one fore each speaker. By one line I mean one pair of + and -.

2 8 ohm cabs in series is 16 ohms. Series means one speaker has the + in from the amp. The - from that speaker runs to the + of another speaker, with the - of the second speaker returning to the amp. Amps and cabs with 2 jacks are parallel.

Ohms is the measurement of resistance. Higher ohms (more resistance) results in less power passing through to the speaker.

Yes, an additional 8 ohm 410 will work. You will be much louder. It will lower your resistance, increase your wattage, and double your speaker area. You will have more power and move substantially more air. Never drop below the minimum ohms. It will allow too much power though and fry the head.
"Quick to judge. Quick to anger. Slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand-in-hand."
- Rush, "Witch Hunt"
Last edited by deeptubes at Dec 1, 2015,
Quote by deeptubes
2 8 ohm cabs in parallel is 4 ohms. Parallel means at some point one line from the amp splits off into two, one fore each speaker. By one line I mean one pair of + and -.

2 8 ohm cabs in series is 16 ohms. Series means one speaker has the + in from the amp. The - from that speaker runs to the + of another speaker, with the - of the second speaker returning to the amp. Amps and cabs with 2 jacks are parallel.

Ohms is the measurement of resistance. Higher ohms (more resistance) results in less power passing through to the speaker.

Yes, an additional 8 ohm 410 will work. You will be much louder. It will lower your resistance, increase your wattage, and double your speaker area. You will have more power and move substantially more air. Never drop below the minimum ohms. It will allow too much power though and fry the head.

Thanks for taking the time and explaining it to me, i'm starting to understand it now