Am in need of a new overdrive/distortion/boost SOMETHING to pair with my Jazzmaster was originally thinking of going the turbo rat route but have been seriously considering a Klone, maybe a crowther hot cake or something with less gain on tap then a rat (dare i say a tube screamer??)

Obviously can't afford a real Klon, what are some Klones out there

Im using an old Marshall JMP 50 Watt head, sometimes a princeton at homel, just need something fatten up the single coils in the soapbar and have it sound ful for when i don't have my big muff or other fuzz pedal on.

thx
I realize. That I hate the sound of guitars
A lot of overdrives cut bass a bit so really you will probably not get a "fattening" sound with a general overdrive pedal.

As far as Klones go in that regard, JHS modded Soul Food.
The 805 Overdrive by Seymour Duncan is TS-based OD with a 3-band EQ.
The Chellee Odie is TS-based and has a bass boost switch.

If you are not worried about bass (maybe you want "thickening" more so than bass) look into the Chellee Ponyboy.
Zendrives is the secks. They are of a slightly different breed than the other OD's out there.

The next OD on my list is the Voodoolab sparkledrive. Check it out, its pretty cheap.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
The Soul Food is alright, but personally I prefer a Digitech Hardwire CM2. Its not as transparent as the SF but does the same things and imo is the better boost pedal, especially with fuzz. Don't shun a TS type pedal just cause they're ubiquitous.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
I'll recommend the T-Rex MAB Overdrive and the Dr No Drive-O-Matic. Not a lot of tone coloration, nice fattening. The Wampler Thirty Something (formerly AceThirty) might do the trick.

Check out the OD pedals from Keeley and TrueTone (formerly VisualSound), too.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Dec 1, 2015,
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
I don't use a Jazzmaster but I do use P90's. The Soul Food works very well with them. However I am now using either a Timmy or a Toyroom OD1+ which is an OD1 clone with a tone control.
I bought a few OD's until I found what I liked.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Take a look at the Emerson Paramount.
Originally posted by Joshua Garcia
I just come here to dick around.
And maybe occasionally wave my dick around.

My D is major
Quote by dannyalcatraz

skip on the double trouble. i have on and it is just 'ok' not great. but i think i paid $60-70 for it but its not worth much more.

maybe a fulldrive 2 or fulldrive 3?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
It isn't in the class of the others, but it's decent for the price.

The 805 Overdrive has a 3 band active EQ that solves the EQ problems that most overdrives have, like missing bass and too many mids.
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
I use the EHX soul food. There is a company you can send the soul food to that will put something into the guts of it to make it more Kloney. I know brynjar leifsson (Of Monsters and Men) uses a klon with a jazzmaster.