Hello! i like the feel of stratocaster body. its so comfortable, ergonomic, light..it feels good. i allso like the necks from gibson but not the heavy body of les paul or uncomfortable body of SG guitars. are there any guitars with strat type body and gibson style necks?
If you like the general vibe of a strat but don't like the neck, check out the Silhouette Special from Musicman - the necks are better than anything on a Gibson - they are incredibly comfortable smaller than a Strat neck.
Quote by reverb66
If you like the general vibe of a strat but don't like the neck, check out the Silhouette Special from Musicman - the necks are better than anything on a Gibson - they are incredibly comfortable smaller than a Strat neck.

But nothing like a Gibson, which is what he wants.

TS, off the top of my head I don't know of a guitar that has that, I think Epiphone may have produced some more Strat-like guitars but I'm not sure what the neck is like. Maybe Danny will drop in here and have some advice.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Gibson made a strat/superstrat shape or two. The ones I know are the Victory and the U2

EDIT: There's also the Epiphone Prophecy EM2.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Last edited by TheStig1214 at Dec 2, 2015,
If it's simply weight that's the issue then a chamberted LP is the way to go. Typically 7lbs +/- a few ounces.
Moving on.....
Quote by dementiacaptain
But nothing like a Gibson, which is what he wants.

TS, off the top of my head I don't know of a guitar that has that, I think Epiphone may have produced some more Strat-like guitars but I'm not sure what the neck is like. Maybe Danny will drop in here and have some advice.

Yamaha and Ibanez used to have guitars that fit the description. You can get lucky and find the occasional one used.
PRS and other guitars were originally designed to bridge the gap between strat and LP.
You just need to get out there, try some guitars and find one that suits.
The first question I'd ask is what a is it about Gibson necks you like the most? Is it the cross section?

Is it how they are tapered? As in, do you like a skinny or fatter neck?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
In addition to what you guys have mentioned, I think there's a lot of other considerations to be taken into account here. It's very likely that the OP just prefers shorter scale length found in SGs and LPs. If so, then I don't think you will ever find a superstrat or a strat copy with 24.75 scale, but I might be wrong.

Maybe OP just likes the feel of finished necks for some reason, or even maybe OP finds LP headstock shape comfortable because of the tuning pegs alignment.
Quote by dannyalcatraz
The first question I'd ask is what a is it about Gibson necks you like the most? Is it the cross section?

Is it how they are tapered? As in, do you like a skinny or fatter neck?

Discusses Gibson necks, posts Fender necks...

“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Ibanez S?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
SZ is what I was thinking of.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Arby911
Discusses Gibson necks, posts Fender necks...

Not too many x-section pix different from that'n.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

PRS with a wide fat neck is about as close as I can think of.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by kitarmen
Yes but gibsons dont have wide necks.

Since when? I have had a few SG's that will beg to differ. and PRS only call it a wide fat neck it is more like a slightly larger 60's profile, very comfortable.

read up on PRS, they were designed to be a melt of Fender and Gibson and I think Paul hit it on the head when he originally made the first Standard 24.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by slapsymcdougal
If it's the neck access, do Epiphone still do the double cut sig for... thingy. Japanese bloke.

Tak Matsumoto

Quote by kitarmen
Yes but gibsons dont have wide necks.

I was always under the impression that wide necks were one of the things traditionally associated with Gibbies...
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
It occurs to me that some of the Stratclones have beefier necks. Check out G&L- their Tribute line is roughly analogous to made in Mexico Fenders. Godin might be more to your liking as well.

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Dec 3, 2015,
Quote by K33nbl4d3
Tak Matsumoto

I was always under the impression that wide necks were one of the things traditionally associated with Gibbies...

That's the one.

Now I want it.

Even though I have a PRS SE Custom, which is basically that with a trem and 24 frets.
Last edited by slapsymcdougal at Dec 3, 2015,
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Not too many x-section pix different from that'n.

I just thought it was amusing!

“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Warmoth builds 24.75" Strat kits.

Alternatively, Fender makes an MIM Short Scale Stratocaster for $400. It's 24" like a Mustang or Jaguar, though.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
whats wide neck for you? we have neck wideness, fatness, lenght, radious....