Hey. I've decided on buying the RME Babyface Pro. I'm not from the US, but as my local prices are much higher, I've found someone who can get it for me in San Francisco.

I don't really know local US stores. The names that I've stumbled upon before were usually Sweetwater, and perhaps Guitar Center. Sweetwater seems to be based in Indiana and I don't know where the deliveries depart from; Guitar Center seems to be from CA and sells it as well (at first I thought they didn't have this as it was set to show non-US inventory), but I don't know whether these are the best places to get it from.

Any suggestion? I need it to be reliable as the person would not be able to test the unit for me.

Thanks in advance.
Sweetwater is a great company. But any of the big chain stores should be fine.

www.musiciansfriend.com
www.samash.com
www.music123.com
www.americanmusical.com
www.zzounds.com
www.samedaymusic.com

I have bought from all and had good experiences with all. Sweetwater has the best customer service though
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
But how's their delivery to San Francisco? Do they have physical stores in different places? (I can't tell from their website)

I talked to them about a different interface a week or two back and someone did respond very quickly to my emails. It only makes it easier from them to close the deals, so why not?
Quote by TLGuitar
But how's their delivery to San Francisco? Do they have physical stores in different places? (I can't tell from their website)

I talked to them about a different interface a week or two back and someone did respond very quickly to my emails. It only makes it easier from them to close the deals, so why not?

No Sweetwater only has the one store in Indiana. Delivery anywhere in the USA is pretty good.

Well of course, but most companies just want your money and don't offer support that is actually knowledgeable. They also always throw a piece of candy in your order, kinda weird, but it is nice. They are also the only company that will sometimes give you a call back a week after you get the order to make sure everything is working right for you.

Guitar Center and Sam Ash have stores, so if you want to get it from a physical store those are the 2 big ones, but SF is a huge city and there are lots of smaller stores also.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by TLGuitar

Sweetwater is in one location.
As far as I know they don't have stores except at the "Home Base".
They will ship to SF no problem.
I've ordered a lot of stuff from them and they have always been great.
IMO, probably one of the best places to buy from and their customer service is the best I have ever experienced, in any industry.
Their delivery is only going to be as god as the shipper you choose (which can be said about any other store).
Sweetwater Shipping Info
Plus FREE shipping on most items, but only in the US.
I bought my AC30 head from them and got the free shipping. And that thing weighs around 50+ pounds.
Plus they had to special order it.

I would easily choose Sweetwater over pretty much every other place that has an actual physical store unless I needed it today.

And anything else I could say about how good I think they are would still be an understatement.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Dec 2, 2015,
They throw in candy? Well, just throw in a bottle of water as well and they'd live up to their name.

I was talking about delivery anyway, as I'm not going to ask the person to go pick it up for me as well, but it just sounded redundant to me to deliver all the way to California from Indiana.

The Babyface Pro is pretty small and lightweight, though, so I don't think there's any problem in regards to their free shipping policy.

But I dislike how so many American shops show a "retail price" which is total BS above their "SPECIAL SUPERSAVING PRICE". All of the interfaces had the exact same US price as the one stated in the respective manufacturer's press release.

Edit: Sh*t. The Sweetwater site states the BF Pro is out of stock, "It's Arriving Soon!
We've confirmed with RME that more of this item should arrive within a few weeks". I don't have a few weeks as the person returns from the US by that time.
Last edited by TLGuitar at Dec 2, 2015,
Then use Musicians Friend or one of the others I listed
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Hm... Only Sam Ash, AMS, zZounds and SDM seem to currently have it in stock. Anything preferable out of these four? I'm reading terrible reviews about Sam Ash, to be honest. Actually, about all for which I could find Yelp reviews. Maybe mostly the angry costumers go in to write these, but I've read some stuff I need to not-happen with an item I could check only after it had traveled half the globe.
Last edited by TLGuitar at Dec 2, 2015,
Quote by TLGuitar
Hm... Only Sam Ash, AMS, zZounds and SDM seem to currently have it in stock. Anything preferable out of these four? I'm reading terrible reviews about Sam Ash, to be honest. Actually, about all for which I could find Yelp reviews. Maybe mostly the angry costumers go in to write these, but I've read some stuff I need to not-happen with an item I could check only after it had traveled half the globe.

I order more from zzounds and AMS than I do from Sam Ash. I only go to Sam Ash stores.
I never had an issue with either
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
I order more from zzounds and AMS than I do from Sam Ash. I only go to Sam Ash stores.
I never had an issue with either

Well, I've contacted the guy from Sweetwater again and he told me the new interfaces should arrive 10th-11th. Only thing was that the FedEx ground during the holidays might take longer than the stated 4-5 business days, so he suggested me to use expedite if I want to be certain it takes two days. I need it to arrive by 23rd, so the free shipment should probably be there early enough, but for the extra $20 I'll rather just use the expedite service.
Quote by TLGuitar
Well, I've contacted the guy from Sweetwater again and he told me the new interfaces should arrive 10th-11th. Only thing was that the FedEx ground during the holidays might take longer than the stated 4-5 business days, so he suggested me to use expedite if I want to be certain it takes two days. I need it to arrive by 23rd, so the free shipment should probably be there early enough, but for the extra $20 I'll rather just use the expedite service.

You are WAY overthinking this. Any of the sites listed above will ship it without problem (assuming it's in stock). I've used all of them at one time or another. If it were me I wouldn't wait on Sweetwater.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
You are WAY overthinking this. Any of the sites listed above will ship it without problem (assuming it's in stock). I've used all of them at one time or another. If it were me I wouldn't wait on Sweetwater.

+1
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I've already placed my order through them. Doesn't really matter any more, they just seemed more reliable and some people in the other stores' reviews noted they wanted to return X and weren't able to.

Maybe just for the sake of the aforementioned candy. I think it would be ridiculous to the guy to expect an audio interface and find a piece of candy in it.
Just updating that the person informed me the Babyface had arrived... And that there weren't any candy! Quoting the salesperson I was talking to, I was asking him pretty casually about it and he replied "More than just a piece! We put a handful of candy in every order! haha". More like "haha I'm lying BTW"