Hello,
Sorry if this is not the place to ask this question.
I want to note that I am not here to troll or disrespect the guitar instrument, I am just curious about something I was thinking about.

I'll just cut to the point - Why should we need a guitar(any kind) if a keyboard synthesizer can achieve the same sound of every instrument and has pretty much endless options.
Is there any aspect/sound/technique that a normal guitar can achieve that a synth can't?
I even saw people playing a synth and thanks to technology are able to vibrate their finger on the key board and achieve a vibrato effect like on the guitar.
Again, I am not asking this to disrespect the guitar instrument, on the contrary, I really want to get back to playing my guitar and it's something that bugged me.

Thanks
Quote by marcrosenfeld1
Hello,
Sorry if this is not the place to ask this question.
I want to note that I am not here to troll or disrespect the guitar instrument, I am just curious about something I was thinking about.

I'll just cut to the point - Why should we need a guitar(any kind) if a keyboard synthesizer can achieve the same sound of every instrument and has pretty much endless options.
Is there any aspect/sound/technique that a normal guitar can achieve that a synth can't?
I even saw people playing a synth and thanks to technology are able to vibrate their finger on the key board and achieve a vibrato effect like on the guitar.
Again, I am not asking this to disrespect the guitar instrument, on the contrary, I really want to get back to playing my guitar and it's something that bugged me.

Thanks

Easy, because there nothing badass about keyboards, they are pretty shit honestly, no disrespect.
SANDBLAST YOURSELF.

Quote by i_lovemetallica
If you think Gollum was sober with his whole "Gollum/Smeagol" thing and thinking he was invisible with the ring, then you need to remove the cotton wool from your eyes.

Wake up sheeple.

Sunaj
Synthesizers are getting closer and closer to replicating the sound of a real instrument, but as it stands right now, they are not there yet. If you think a keyboard guitar sounds indistinguishable from a real guitar, you aren't listening very hard.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
Synthesizers are getting closer and closer to replicating the sound of a real instrument, but as it stands right now, they are not there yet. If you think a keyboard guitar sounds indistinguishable from a real guitar, you aren't listening very hard.

yeah but who would use a synth though. just use dem sick sample libraries and be free of the guitarist who has probably watched zeitgeist: the movie.
and why even learn to play the keyboard when you could just plug info into a computer & let it play the music for you?
Quote by neidnarb11890
and why even learn to play the keyboard when you could just plug info into a computer & let it play the music for you?

why even make music when you can just imagine it in yur head
Check out my band Disturbed
lol asking the same ******ed question again

fuking ban this kid
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Synthesizers will never replace the guitar. The guitar is not just about the sound it makes - if it was, we would only buy guitars for their tone. It's about looks, and more importantly, feels. The dynamics you can create with those strings under your fingers are limitless. I like keyboards, but the guitar gives you a very close and personal connection with the music you're making. Literally being able to control every tiny aspect of the sound, with full control at your fingertips. Synthesizers don't do that. Synthesizers play notes, chords, and layer them with effects. If that's how you want to express yourself, great. But the guitar can express emotion in a way that keyboards never can. Listen to Marty Friedman, Buckethead and Steve Vai. Technique like theirs, emotion like theirs, can only be expressed on a stringed instrument.
100 people playing piano sounds like 100 people playing piano. They'll choose to play different notes, but no one cuts through. With guitar, you sound like you. It's not just about the notes - it's the noise, the sustain, the tiny subtleties of your technique, the strength of your pick attack. Listen to the intro of "Undertow" by Marty Friedman. You can't even replicate that on guitar, because it's 100% Marty. How the hell can music like that be replicated on synth? How can music like that be WRITTEN on synth? If Marty tried to write that on a keyboard, it would have been a fuckup. The guitar gives you a personal style that can't be expressed on buttons.
snazz, is that you

Just play/write music however you like. Different strokes for different folks. End of story.
Wanna know how you can tell when somebody doesn't like when their opinion is wrong?

When they didn't get the answer they asked for in their first thread but decide to make it AGAIN and ask the same people thinking the answer will be different.

Sooo with that in mind, lets reiterate what has already been said by people in a thread that was made yesterday by the same guy:

Quote by Will Lane
IMO modeling (synth and what-not) is not at the level yet to sound just like a guitar. Even high-end guitar modelers are not exact to what an experienced guitar player would say a real guitar sounds like. And then there is another aspect of feel. And playing guitar chord intervals on a piano can be awful. So really:

But yeah you have noticed that synth and midi-stuff is replacing a lot of the real instruments. It is a lot easier to have a full band in a single keyboard and some software. Strings, drums, piano, etc. are replaced by highly-shaped sound waves or digital samples. But a lot of those samples can be recordings of the real instrument.

Quote by Pastafarian96
I used to think the same thing

but you can't play slide synth and it's a lot easier to play really fast notes of the same pitch on a guitar

also the range you can cover on a guitar in a period of time is far better for long ranges

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Cause keyboard guitar emulation sounds like ass unless youre super inexperienced. Thats why.

Quote by neidnarb11890

Quote by StewieSwan

If you're just making the damn thread again cause you got like 2 troll answers then try POSTING in the right fucking area in the forum. (hint: not the general SHIT POSTING~ area)

pleb.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Dec 2, 2015,
Quote by GFraser
100 people playing piano sounds like 100 people playing piano. They'll choose to play different notes, but no one cuts through. With guitar, you sound like you. It's not just about the notes - it's the noise, the sustain, the tiny subtleties of your technique, the strength of your pick attack. Listen to the intro of "Undertow" by Marty Friedman. You can't even replicate that on guitar, because it's 100% Marty. How the hell can music like that be replicated on synth? How can music like that be WRITTEN on synth? If Marty tried to write that on a keyboard, it would have been a fuckup. The guitar gives you a personal style that can't be expressed on buttons.

I really hope you meant to write synth instead of piano in your first sentence.
Because a synth isn't phalic enough!
Quote by DQcrewmember
how do you ban people from posting in your threads?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You don't

Quote by Zaphikh
"Why are we here?"

"Plastic... asshole."
Quote by StewieSwan
why even make music when you can just imagine it in yur head

why even imagine music in yr head when you can be focusing on contributing something of real value to society?
Quote by GFraser

Can you even play keyboard instruments to any level of capability?

Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really hope you meant to write synth instead of piano in your first sentence.

fuckenoath