I'm thinking of buying one of these, but the issue is that I built my computer without a CD drive, and all the retailers state you need a drive because the software comes on discs. I'm thinking that registering the product would give you access to a digital download of the software, but don't want to make the purchase before confirming. Has anyone bought one recently and care to shed some light?

Also, this will be my first recording gear. I know it's not great, and I'm not a fan of modeling amps/effects myself but it should suit me just fine for testing the waters.

Thanks in advance.
Quote by iskylitkevin
You can get the drivers from line6.com

Well the drivers would be for the unit itself, I mean can you download POD Farm as well? Because if you go on their site just for the program you have to pay for it.
Quote by ab529235
Well the drivers would be for the unit itself, I mean can you download POD Farm as well? Because if you go on their site just for the program you have to pay for it.

Download Line 6 Monkey, sign in and connect your device. It should allow you to download the drivers and software appropriate for your device
Quote by CorrosionMedia
Download Line 6 Monkey, sign in and connect your device. It should allow you to download the drivers and software appropriate for your device

Awesome, thanks for the response! I figured it would be that way considering a lot of people probably don't have disc drives at this point but wanted to confirm.
Not sure why you would build your PC w/o a disc drive, but you can also just use an external CD drive, which can be bought for around $40 or less if you find that you need it.
Quote by BlackFalcon17
Not sure why you would build your PC w/o a disc drive, but you can also just use an external CD drive, which can be bought for around $40 or less if you find that you need it.

It's very common to build a gaming rig without a drive because practically everything is available for digital download via Steam, GOG, etc. My tower doesn't even have the option to install an internal drive, it's a solid face front.
Quote by CorrosionMedia

This +1

I've been using a UX1 for a few years now just for jamming/solo recording. Decent little interface to start out with.