Hello,
Sorry if this is not the place to ask this question.
I want to note that I am not here to troll or disrespect the guitar instrument, I am just curious about something I was thinking about.

I'll just cut to the point - Why should we need a guitar(any kind) if a keyboard synthesizer can achieve the same sound of every instrument and has pretty much endless options.
Is there any aspect/sound/technique that a normal guitar can achieve that a synth can't?
I even saw people playing a synth and thanks to technology are able to vibrate their finger on the key board and achieve a vibrato effect like on the guitar.
Again, I am not asking this to disrespect the guitar instrument, on the contrary, I really want to get back to playing my guitar and it's something that bugged me.

Thanks
Quote by marcrosenfeld1
I'll just cut to the point - Why should we need a guitar(any kind) if a keyboard synthesizer can achieve the same sound of every instrument and has pretty much endless options

Because a keyboard can't achieve the same sound, just an imitation. Granted some do get some pretty cool sounds, but I have yet to hear one that sounds remotely like an actual guitar. If you honestly think a keyboard can sound the same as a guitar then you need to get your ears checked. Not to mention there's very little flexibility when it comes to applying any sort of dynamics to a synth guitar.
Technology can be as good as it wants to be, but a keyboard will never sound better than a guitar because it's not a guitar.

EDIT:

You posted this EXACT thread in 6 other forums. Reported.
Last edited by vayne92 at Dec 2, 2015,