Page 1 of 2
I actually like the fake ones better for numerous reasons. They wont gonna catch fire you don't have to chop down trees to get them.

The main reason as though I like the looks of them the aluminum ones like my parents had when I was a kid.

It had long strands of tinsel hanging off of it and a red blue and yellow translucent disk that spun in front of a powerful light shining on the tree as it changed color. It was beautiful.
Last edited by yope at Dec 3, 2015,
Greetings comrade! I'm glad to see that you have your mind right and are using the right terminology. Yes the holiday will soon be upon us. We anticipate with joy the holiday. As do all of our brothers and sisters.
Last year we didn't get one because my dad bought me one of those flee market liquor bottles with lights in it.

Specifically, Jagermeister.

It was literally our tree for the year and may be used as one again this year.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Artificial. I love the way real ones smell but the cleanup and disposal is terrible plus I feel bad for the trees getting cut down.
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
^ I have never heard of this

?
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

I like the smell of coniferous trees.

You're not a man until you've cut down your own fir.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Well I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I do live in South Texas. Things are more ghetto here.

Edit: ^ but not that ghetto.
Quote by SGstriker

Quote by eGraham

If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one around to see it, can I pretend I cut it down and am a real man?
You can pretend, and you may fool the others, but you'll never fool yourself.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I posted this in another thread, but w/e
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
neither

just cause easier
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
my mom completely gave up on a tree last year after two years of cats breaking all of her ornaments, chewing the lights off, and laying in the branches.

always fake ones anyway. i couldn't imagine the nightmare it'd be with a real one when her one cat would inevitably get covered in sap.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo
my mom completely gave up on a tree last year after two years of cats breaking all of her ornaments, chewing the lights off, and laying in the branches.

always fake ones anyway. i couldn't imagine the nightmare it'd be with a real one when her one cat would inevitably get covered in sap.

So your tree attracts cats, huh? Would it be fair to say your wood is a real pussy magnet?
Artificial. Dont have to clean it up, plus you get to use it many many times.
I love the smell of real trees but I would rather not have to buy one every year just for it to die after a while so I prefer fakes.
We've been using the same artificial tree since I was born afaik, and i'll be 24 at the end of the month.
We might have had a different one before, idk.
My family has used the same artificial Christmas tree for the last 12 years. Its a nice tradition.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
So my mom always tells the same story at Christmas time, where her dad (my grandpa) more/less invented the first one of these

but since he was (and still is) a deadbeat and wasted all of his money on stupid patents, he didn't patent the one thing that would've actually given him a profit.

OT: Fake for residential stuff, real for larger, public areas (ex. my campus is putting one up today).
Fake trees. They are less messy and don't make me sneeze.
I have nothing important to say
Quote by Skullivan
So my mom always tells the same story at Christmas time, where her dad (my grandpa)

Today, I learned...
Free Ali
Free Lard
I've never seen a real one indoor, would probably be messy but I'd love the smell

Do any of the resident cultures call it a New Year's Tree or New Year's Fir? It's not the only name for it here but I've heard a lot of people call it novoletna jelka.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
I usually pick up artificial ones because the last time I got a real one it was filled with spiders and shit
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Quote by Metallicuh
I usually pick up artificial ones because the last time I got a real one it was filled with spiders and shit

What kind of shit? Because that's pretty unusual in a tree...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Fake.

The one we have atm is getting it's 9th run out this year, and cost about 3 times as much as a real tree, so we're in the black on it.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
"holiday tree"

:')
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by eGraham

One year we could not afford a Christmas tree so I put a saw in the back of the car and drove around so I spotted a beautiful tree.

Was located in the yard of a house on the edge of town. It was really hard to tell if it was actually on somebodys property or growing on the edge of the road .

You like the smell? , get a box of those car deodorizer's that are shaped like a pine tree and smell like pine? Use them for decorations on the tree.
Last edited by yope at Dec 3, 2015,
Quote by JamSessionFreak at #33712628
I've never seen a real one indoor, would probably be messy but I'd love the smell

Stuff only falls off when you're getting rid of it since they're a bit more brittle than when you got it. Takes a minute or two to sweep up
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I'd say a real tree, because it smells nice, and it is better for the environment.

Right now there are fields of trees planted for christmas. They have a roll over, so one part of the field is harvested, and they plant new trees there, and then the next year harvest the next section, and plant again, and so on, so that they have a whole cycle. That means that you're guaranteed that all those areas are kept full with trees, apart from the recently harvested plots. If your area has proper disposal of trees, then the trees can be used for whatever purpose, whether it is fiber board, or toothpicks, or idk, they can be used for their wood.

If everyone stopped buying trees for christmas, that land could end up being used for anything, an amusement park, or a shopping strip or something. Usually they are pretty far removed because that's where the land is cheaper, but still. If we use it for trees, that's guaranteed trees. It's not like we send lumberjacks out in the forest poaching trees. They are farmed.

But for some places, a real tree doesn't make much sense.
Last edited by fingrpikingood at Dec 3, 2015,
Page 1 of 2