Page 1 of 2
I just learned that a friend and ex-coworker that I was pretty close with got shot in his home on Monday night. Apparently he was shot through his front door. Currently, he's alive, but in the hospital still. I think he's gonna be ok, but I'm pretty shaken about the whole situation.

Has anyone dealt with this kind of thing before? I've had friends die before, but never in intentional ways. I'm not sure how to cope

I don't even know what the point of this thread is. I'm just really upset
Check out my band Disturbed
that sucks

any idea how severe his injuries are?
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Last edited by Burgery at Dec 3, 2015,
Through the door? Are you sure it was intentional?

Couldve been crossfire.

And ive never been through something like that but ive had too many people close to me die o or come way too close to it. Even myself. So i understand where youre coming from man. All you can so is support your friend and keep your head up, shit sucks.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Oh man this triggered some memories

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
sorry man, can't help you

hope your friend makes it through ok

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Unexpected violence is always disturbing. I have found that the best way (for me at least) to process it is to DO something.

Don't sit around and dwell, get out and move, and if you can help people out while you're doing it, that's even better. Since you can't fix your friend, maybe you can help some other people out and at least tip the cosmic scale back to the positive side a bit.

It sounds cliche, but use this negative as an opportunity to do something positive.

Might not work for you, but that's what I've done in the past.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Dec 3, 2015,
Ahem, I said, this really triggered some memories.

Quote by Våd Hamster

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Quote by thanksgiving

I guess we gave you too much credit by not seeing the pun
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Really though this is pretty horrible

Quote by Våd Hamster

sorry to hear that mate. i hope they both are ok
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Burgery
that sucks

any idea how severe his injuries are?

No. All I know is that he's alive at the moment.

I think it was probably intentional because he manages some rental properties and I've heard stories about some less-than-reputable tenants he's had to deal with. It's just speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if a disgruntled evictee went after him.

Quote by thanksgiving

Seriously, dude?
Last edited by StewieSwan at Dec 3, 2015,
Makes me sick, dude. hope he's okay.

there was an incident one state over from me where this pastor's pregnant wife was murdered in a home invasion in early November this year. Shot in the head. there were pictures posted of her with her family, they already had a kid, and in one they were dressed up as he Incredibles for halloween, which was just a few days before :\ it's fucking sad dude.
I see youre point, and that makes sense. Dude couldve knocked on his door and all that.

My thoughts are with your friend though, hang in there.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Quote by thanksgiving

get fucked. I like Stewie and this pissed me off.
Quote by thanksgiving
Really though this is pretty horrible

So horrible you made a joke about it.
Free Ali
thanksgiving makes his return to UG and immediately pisses everyone off

Just like the good ol' times :')
Quote by GuitarGod_92
thanksgiving makes his return to UG and immediately pisses everyone off

Just like the good ol' times :')

I'm sorry I spent too much time on Reddit

Quote by Våd Hamster

Quote by behind_you
go see him

This. Bring him some food, or at least tell him you tried to sneak a beer in, but you got caught.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
This. Bring him some food, or at least tell him you tried to sneak a beer in, but you got caught.

Reassure him that the two of you can go for shots at bar later.

Seriously though, that's terrible man. Sorry to hear. Definitely go visit him.
Quote by StewieSwan
Has anyone dealt with this kind of thing before? I've had friends die before, but never in intentional ways. I'm not sure how to cope

When a close friend of mine passed away a couple years ago I was pretty distraught about it. My advice would be don't stop doing the things you love doing just because you are depressed. Playing guitar and listening to music helped me out a lot during that time, if that's what you love do that, or whatever else you love doing.
There's no actual dealing with it until you hear news from the hospital for either way. At least I've found no way to deal with that apprehension. If you can, call a close friend and be with them.
Quote by GreenDay82
Wrong place, Wrong time.

That is all.

In his house? Bullshit, right place + crackpot violent asshole
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by GreenDay82
Wrong place, Wrong time.

That is all.

Yeah, I agree. Next time, he should think about spending his time at home.
Free Ali
Just spoke to him. Here's what happened:

He runs a kind of "under the table" painting business and he had to fire this guy because he was crazy and always fucked every job up. The guy was demanding to be paid for his two days' work and he showed up at my friend's house. My friend wouldn't let him in, because, as I said, he's crazy, so the guy pulled out a gun and shot him through his front door.
holy shit

I hope for the best

and I hope that asshole gets what he deserves

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Can you imagine murdering someone over like 150 bucks?
messed up for sure

good to hear your friend's alright though
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by StewieSwan
Just spoke to him. Here's what happened:

He runs a kind of "under the table" painting business and he had to fire this guy because he was crazy and always fucked every job up. The guy was demanding to be paid for his two days' work and he showed up at my friend's house. My friend wouldn't let him in, because, as I said, he's crazy, so the guy pulled out a gun and shot him through his front door.

This kinda changes things. I mean, not that the shooting is justified but your friend took on some risk.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
You don't rip off crazy.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Page 1 of 2