Ok, so this might be in the wrong place; feel free to move/advise if so...

Basically, Ive played guitar for a fair while, on and off...Between 8-15, I got regular lessons, and hit about....Grade 5 (ish), had a band playing mostly covers of Paramore, etc, in which I played rhythm...so lots of power chords and not much else

Basically, I want to get back into guitar, and return to a decent level, but i've never really had to teach myself, as it were - i'm essentially looking for some tips? What to practice to improve my general technique, things to look out for, etc
Find some easier sounding songs that you really would like to learn and listen to them, A LOT. Learn how to play them however works best for you (by ear, tab, etc). and practice them until they are second nature to you.
Watch youtube lessons from guitarists like Paul Gilbert, Rick Graham, and other great and knowledgable players who are great teachers. The exercises and whatnot may be a challenge so get a metronome and go slowly, to build your technique up.
Learn scales and modes of those scales. Start with the Major, Minor, Pentatonic, and the different positions you can play them in. This will help your improvisation and you ear for playing.
Really the best thing you can do is practice slowly. And personally, I recommend playing standing up, especially is you're planning on getting into a band or playing live in anyway. It'll just make standing up not as awkward or hard of a transition for you.

Goodluck to you!
questions you need to seriously ask yourself before you even decide to go any further.

What styles of music am I interested in? How long am I willing to practice every day?

Do I have a solid basic foundation, and understanding before I can even thinking of progressing toward the styles of playing I enjoy? Am I a hobby player or am I trying to go pro?
Quote by Assassin1872
Find some easier sounding songs that you really would like to learn and listen to them, A LOT. Learn how to play them however works best for you (by ear, tab, etc). and practice them until they are second nature to you.
Watch youtube lessons from guitarists like Paul Gilbert, Rick Graham, and other great and knowledgable players who are great teachers. The exercises and whatnot may be a challenge so get a metronome and go slowly, to build your technique up.
Learn scales and modes of those scales. Start with the Major, Minor, Pentatonic, and the different positions you can play them in. This will help your improvisation and you ear for playing.
Really the best thing you can do is practice slowly. And personally, I recommend playing standing up, especially is you're planning on getting into a band or playing live in anyway. It'll just make standing up not as awkward or hard of a transition for you.

Goodluck to you!

Thanks man! I've got some of that down already - I did a year of Music at College so i'm hoping some of it's muscle memory and doesn't take too long to restore...Do you have any tips for practice amps etc? I'm looking at either one of the smaller Orange Amps, or a Roland Cube :/