2015 Fender Dave Murray Stratocaster

Alder Body, Maple Neck, Rosewood Fretboard
2-Tone Burst
Flat Mounted Original Floyd Rose
2 Seymour Duncan Hot Rails sandwiched around a JB Jr. Middle pickup
Vintage Tuners

Picked this up the other day, and now anxiously awaiting the weekend to have time to really break it in properly with a marathon jam session! I was very surprised how heavy it is, actually heavier than most Les Pauls I've played. The 3 Duncan pickups scream, get great harmonics, and retain fantastic note definition and clarity even with high gain. The Floyd Rose on it has the best tuning stability of any of the guitars I've ever played with one, have tried dive bombing to the point the strings go totally slack and stop ringing, and it still is perfectly in tune after returning. My only complaints are that the initial setup from the factory definitely left a lot to be desired, and added in the 2 allen wrenches that came with it do not fit anything at all on the bridge or the locking nut. I'm also not looking forward to my first string change with the slotted vintage tuners-have heard the high E and B strings can be tough to get in there.

ESP LTD James Hetfield Signature Vulture-Satin Black
ESP LTD James Hetfield Signature Snakebyte-Snow White
ESP LTD James Hetfield Signature Iron Cross-Snow White
Jackson SLATXMQ Soloist3-6-Trans Red Quilt
Jackson Pro Series Dinky DK2QM-Chlorine Burst
Jackson Pro Series Monarkh SC-Trans Purple Quilt
Ibanez Iron Label ARZIR20 w/ Het Set-White
Schecter Hellraiser C-1-Black Cherry Burst
Ibanez RG-770-Laser Blue
Jackson Kelly-Trans Green Flame
Line 6 Helix LT
Last edited by tc1072 at Dec 3, 2015,
Neat!

HNGD!
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
although humbuckers and floyds usually have no business in a strat i'll make an exception for this one. love dave murray. nice enjoy
Quote by monwobobbo
although humbuckers and floyds usually have no business in a strat i'll make an exception for this one. love dave murray. nice enjoy

haha +1
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Oh man, as a kid I wanted one of these so bad

Sweet guitar
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
HNGD!

My brother just got the same guitar a few weeks ago. Very nice guitar. Much nicer specs than the old signature model - I can't stand the V-shape 50's neck on that one, for once.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.