Page 1 of 3
I am curious about what some of your guys experiences with celebrity deaths has been. Scott Weiland's death has been the hardest one ever for me to swallow.
Gary Speed

Maybe not that well known unless you're from the UK or a football/soccer fan. But him committing suicide was a massive shock
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Quote by SMH07 at #33714059
Gary Speed

Maybe not that well known unless you're from the UK or a football/soccer fan. But him committing suicide was a massive shock

Good shout actually, I was struggling to think of any.

Clark Carlisle's attempt too since it was from a bridge I used to cross every day to get to college
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Last edited by Trowzaa at Dec 4, 2015,
Both Robin Williams and Rick Mayall were big ones for me. I like a lot of what they both did a lot. It's a shame we will never see them perform again.
Macho Man
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
jean giraud
robin williams
leslie nielsen
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Gregory Hines, I would have liked to meet and talk with him.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
idk can you give me a list of options

like there are a ton of celebrities who have died
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
actually heath ledger was a big one for me
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Same here for Robin Williams...that fucked me up.

Also, in a weird way, Christopher Lee.

Not so much as in "oh man what a tragedy", considering that he was past his 90's..It's not like a 40 year old man who dies in a crash or something.

But he was just..such an incredibly prolific, ever present and inspiring man that the day I heard he passed, I realized that up until that day I had this kind of weird idea that he'd always be there, putting out songs and whatnot. He was such an idol

Also, there was no news of him being ill or anything, so, I don't know. One day and he was alive and it seemed that his awesome presence would always be felt, day afterwards and he'd passed. Damn.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
+1 to Robin Williams and Gary Speed.

Jonah Lomu a couple weeks ago too.
Quote by Baby Joel
idk can you give me a list of options

like there are a ton of celebrities who have died

Obviously there are a lot but it's about what ones hit you the hardest.

Quote by Baby Joel
actually heath ledger was a big one for me

Same.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
With celebrity deaths, I'm pretty much either "who?" or "well, that sucks. On with my life, I suppose".

Yep. I guess Williams was pretty sad but I'd be lying if I said I thought about it for more than 5 minutes.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Phil o Donnell who was a Scottish footballer who played for a team round the corner from me.Collasped and died on the pitch.The images in the papers over the next few days were very haunting and shocking plus he wasn't that much older than me.
Scott Weiland and Wayne Static, because of the suddenness.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Dimebag...still messes with me how that went down.

Michael Jackson was a sad loss for the world, I struggled to get over that one when it happened. Remember being in shock for a few days.

Also not celebrities but the people that we're killed at the Bataclan in Paris. Kinda because of how it went down, but mainly because those guys we're like all of us, gig goers who had gone out to see a band they liked on a Friday night...
Bradley Nowell, Amy Winehouse, Peter O'Toole.... Just a few. I'm sad that Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, and Jim Morrison are gone as well.
Scott Weiland is the first celebrity to die that I felt anything about. Im 29 and I grew up with STP saw them 5 times... RIP Scott
Probably Robin Williams or Steve Irwin. Neither was particularly old, had any well-known health issues or addictions they weren't sober from, or anything else to make you go "Yeah this guy may kick it soon." Granted Irwin had a pretty dangerous job, but it was still jarring both times.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Not really a celebrity, but I cried when the Philadelphia Phillie's broadcaster, Harry Kalas died. Listened to him my whole life and probably heard him call well over a 1000 games. Games after that were weird

I've never really gotten upset about an actor or anything though. I just think it's sad and then more on. There's some athletes that would definitely get me though if they suddenly died.
Last edited by WCPhils at Dec 4, 2015,
Clark Terry (especially after watching his netflix documentary)
Christopher Lee
Steve Irwin

I had some others but I can't remember who now

Quote by im not mental
Oderus from GWAR.

oh yeah this too. i wasn't even a huge fan but I saw them live once and it stuck with me. pretty amazing that one concert had such a lasting impression on me, even if it wasn't entirely for musical reasons.
Last edited by MeGaDeth2314 at Dec 4, 2015,
James Gandolf??? / Tony Soprano

the original Professor Dumbledore
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Dec 4, 2015,
Static-X helped get me into metal, so Wayne kinda got me. I've been relistening to Start A War lately, for that reason. On the same note, Mitch Lucker. He gets shat on a lot, but I still think SS's first two albums were good stuff.

Also Michael Jackson and David Gold (Woods of Ypres).
Quote by soundgarden1986
Screw your bases. If she doesn't let me go elbow deep in her ass on the first date, it wasn't meant to be.

Quote by willT08
Every thread on here to do with audio quality is like walking into a paddock of shit slinging chimps
Robin Williams' suicide was really shocking and saddening.

Philip Seymour Hoffman's death was also pretty tragic

Also Leonard Nimoy and BB King were both terribly sad for me, but not really surprising.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Last edited by eGraham at Dec 4, 2015,
Gary Moore comes to mind immediately. a huge influence on me and didn't see it coming at all.
Joe Strummer hit me pretty hard.
"We all have idols. Play like anyone you care about but try to be yourself while you're doing so." - BB King

"The thrill is being able to do it...even if you play it badly" - The Edge.

8 Guitars, 4 Amps, 3 Multi Pedals...and never done!
Toni Loomi
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
I think I was most upset by Dio, Ron Santo (Former Cubs third baseman), and Scott Weiland. Though Oderus and BB King got me down for a little bit.
Dio, I was still in the transition from dad-rock to developing my own tastes in music, and Dio was one of the few artists that survived that transition. Such a powerful voice, he inspired and contributed so much to the genre.

Also, chess Grandmaster Bobby Fischer. When I was younger I was really into chess, and I remembered reading how Fischer was basically the best US player in his time and regularly made Top 5 lists. I bought a few of his books and really appreciated his teaching methodology and play style.

Then they let Tobey Maguire portray him in the new movie about him, which was dumb af.
Page 1 of 3