When I started this I had an almost completely salvaged-parts 6l6 push-pull design.
I rebuilt the amp into a 6l6 version of an 18 watt Marshall. Bridge rectified (so... 20 watt) and along with the 6l6 power amp it means lots of extra head-room.

Now I'm not an experienced builder or player, but to me it seems like a clean Marshall-ish take on a Deluxe Reverb. It doesn't distort a whole lot even when you dime it, but you can hear a tight crunch starting to develop, especially if you boost the signal.

I've been using my Zoom pedal to introduce distortions and effects and I would say that it's already on a level above the Fender Super Champ. I haven't nailed any particular modelled tones just yet, but since I wasn't constrained by expectations, I didn't have to make a clean (or even mostly clean) tube amp. I have found that I can get some very cool sounds of my own.

In short - I'm saying that the relatively clean Marshall 18 watt pre amp, plus 6l6 pa for better headroom, plus versatile mfx pedal = cool little amp.

I'm soon going to be adding a vvr and a Weber copper cap as well. I think that my inexperience is preventing me from making a truly excellent amp but I have just enough perspective to say that I'm no longer obsessing about buying a commercial amp. I used to daydream about deluxe reverbs and 40dsl marshall combos, but now I daydream about my own amp instead.
Nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?