Hi there Everyone, I'm currently writing a pentatonic tips and tricks tab for one of my students and I'm struggling to find examples of sequenced riffs to use. I've written my own for him to study but Ideally I need examples from existing songs/solos aswell. The only one I could think was part of the second solo in sweet child of mine. Can anyone recommend any I could use? Rock,metal,blues genre is not important. I will accept dorian and Aeolian riffs as I've already exposed him to modes but ideally it needs to be Pentatonic minor. By sequenced riffs I mean groupings of 3rds 4ths etc, 123 - 234 -345 etc etc I've been going through pages and pages of tabs and their appearing rather allusive so any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
Last edited by Bensalt2014 at Dec 5, 2015,
You mean licks, not riffs, right?

The end of the solo on Black Betty by Ram Jam. Also, Good Times Bad Times by Led Zeppelin has some typical pentatonic sequences.

Those are what come to my mind off the top of my head.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Thank you I knew Jimmy page was bound come good! I've literally spent hours going through zepplin tabs aswell, those are good shouts and yes lick, riff, either is acceptable.If you can think of any more let me know