This is just something that's annoyed me for a while. I've browsed schecter's series of active guitars, their vault of discontinued ones and quite a few of the catalogues available but I've never been able to find this specific guitar I have.

It's a C-1, and that's all it says on the plate that covers the truss rod at the top of the neck. It's serial number is 0229371 on the back of the head so it apparently came out in 2002, didn't see it in the catologue though so I guess it's an older guitar that continued production? I checked all the C-1's they had and never found one with it's specific set of features.

6-String
All solid black (apart from body binding)
Grover Tuners (3 on each side of head)
Rosewood Fretboard
Standard dot inlay
24 frets
Set-thru bridge
Neck looks like it's through body, no signs of bolt on plate or glue
Cream/yellow body binding
"Duncan designed" Humbuckers in HH format
5-way (not 3-way, which is weird) pickup selector switch
1 volume pot
1 Tone pot

On the head in terms of branding it says schecter diamond series.
The "diamond series" is in a really small font going under the schecter brand name.

Any ideas? If I end up having to upload pics they might be kinda crappy but I described everything distinguishable about it.
Last edited by sasquatchjosh96 at Dec 5, 2015,
It's just one of the variations on the C1 from over the years. I googled "Schecter C1 Diamond Series" and there were multiple images exactly like the one you described in the first page. Check Schecter Diamond Series C1 Blackjack and you'll find a few.
All of Schecter's import/mass-production guitars are Diamond Series. If you can't find an exact model like yours, there's a chance that it could be one of their exclusive runs that a lot of guitar companies do with some music stores like Guitar Center & others alike. Pics would probably help people to help you better in pinpointing what it is.
Last edited by Way Cool JR. at Dec 5, 2015,
Quote by Way Cool JR.
All of Schecter's import/mass-production guitars are Diamond Series. If you can't find an exact model like yours, there's a chance that it could be one of their exclusive runs that a lot of guitar companies do with some music stores like Guitar Center & others alike. Pics would probably help people to help you better in pinpointing what it is.

Could be and that does happen, but lets take Dean Guitars for instance the Razorback V series USA and Import are both discontinued... yet do not show up in the vault or discontinued guitars portion of their site. So while there is merit to your claim it could just be that they simply for one reason or another did not list that specific guitar in the vault or discontinued section. TS you've definitely got to get some decent pictures up.

Also to the TS I seen your reply in the thread I created for the card board guitar ( Tone wood ) ... the thread was deleted I guess, because I can not find it , I went back when I got an email notification that there was a reply... so I sent you that link in a private message.. check your profile.
My newest addition,
2007 Dean Cadi-KILL (Cannibal Corpse) Rob Barrett Signature model to see more of my gear visit my profile.
If it's not in the 2002 catalog it's probably a small run model they made for sale exclusively at Guitar Center. Schecter did a lot of those in the 2000s.
Thanks for the replies, guys. I thought it would be a random variation or something like that, figuring out what the guitar is was just a niggle that I was suddenly reminded about recently. I'll check out the blackjack schecters, I'm not SO invested in this as to get pics up since A there are none I already have and B don't have access to many great cameras. (Not a phone guy despite my generation)

Also Ikillintel, I'll check it out. Shame the thread got deleted, is it cos ug wanted to make a news article about it? Cos that ain't really fair if so.
Quote by sasquatchjosh96
Also Ikillintel, I'll check it out. Shame the thread got deleted, is it cos ug wanted to make a news article about it? Cos that ain't really fair if so.

Honestly, I do not know why they deleted it, and you where the only one to comment, so it wasn't like any controversial debate (fighting) was going on. I messaged a Super Mod asking what happen , still haven't gotten a reply.

Fender constructing a guitar from corrugated card board and it actually works, that's innovative to say the least. This also kills all the tone wood debates for solid body electrics which are usually driven by Gibson/ Fender fanboys (which that was disproven with fiberglass guitar bodies) to justify those INSANE prices for "better wood" . Doesn't matter, if anyone else is interested in seeing the video I'm talking about just Google search Fender makes card board guitar.
My newest addition,
2007 Dean Cadi-KILL (Cannibal Corpse) Rob Barrett Signature model to see more of my gear visit my profile.