The main criticism I would make is that when you speed it up the notes become slightly less rhythmically even, there's a split-second of a pause between each group of 4. It might also be worth investing some time in making sure you can accent each group of 4, just so you know you can and to gain more control. Aside from that it seems all right to me. Keep it up!
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Seems like you're too tight. Relax. Also, the reason you might be getting slightly off rhythm as Zaphod mentioned above is that your pick isn't angled or isn't angled enough. Try rotating it a bit and see if that helps.

“We’re built of contradictions, all of us. It’s those opposing forces that give us strength, like an arch, each block pressing the next. Give me a man whose parts are all aligned in agreement and I’ll show you madness. We walk a narrow path, insanity to each side. A man without contradictions to balance him will soon veer off.”

silentfall.bandcamp.com
Quote by an.interloper
Seems like you're too tight. Relax. Also, the reason you might be getting slightly off rhythm as Zaphod mentioned above is that your pick isn't angled or isn't angled enough. Try rotating it a bit and see if that helps.

I don't get what you mean like do you angle the pick to 45 degree angle?
Quote by hulkisexy
I don't get what you mean like do you angle the pick to 45 degree angle?

Whatever works best for you. It's not set in stone that you should angle your pick, but it can be helpful in some situations. I angle my pick when playing solos and when doing tremolo picking for example. However, if sweep picking, having the pick more parallel to the strings is better in my opinion.

Just experiment and see what suits you best in each situation.

Also: http://billybadaxe.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/rightHandPicking.png
Last edited by DanyFS at Dec 6, 2015,
Quote by DanyFS
Whatever works best for you. It's not set in stone that you should angle your pick, but it can be helpful in some situations. I angle my pick when playing solos and when doing tremolo picking for example. However, if sweep picking, having the pick more parallel to the strings is better in my opinion.

Just experiment and see what suits you best in each situation.

Also: http://billybadaxe.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/rightHandPicking.png

Would it help build technique and build speed? I always wanted to play licks from Dream Theater.
Quote by hulkisexy
Would it help build technique and build speed? I always wanted to play licks from Dream Theater.

The idea of angling the pick is to 'cut through' the strings, so the pick doesn't get caught in the flat position while trying to pick quicker. I changed the pick angle myself and it has helped.
Quote by hulkisexy

Positioning the pick at an angle can help with speed, because it will have less friction against the strings.

It also helps me when I have to do pinch harmonics.

I also found that angling the pick reduces the pick click noise a bit. One may or may not like that noise though, I don't like it very much myself.

But at the end of the day, what matters is what feels most comfortable to you
Last edited by DanyFS at Dec 6, 2015,